How long will you wait for DISH to deliver before switching to DirectTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

How long will you wait for DISH to deliver before switching to DirectTV

• 1 week

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • 1 month

Votes: 72 10.5%
  • 6 months

Votes: 194 28.3%
  • 1 year

Votes: 60 8.8%
  • as long as it takes

Votes: 192 28.0%
  • I'm in a contract with Dish

Votes: 126 18.4%
  • I'm in a contract but will leave anyway

Votes: 24 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
heh for me...

I think I will stay with dish... But I promise you I would not wait as long as DirectTV subscribers waited lol....

I have both and as long as Dish has better HD quality it really won't matter how many channels they offer. I feel the HD Dish provides is much better than Directs and have been with Dish for 11 years. I'm not talking just being loyal it really comes down to quality and Direct doesn't have it. The reciever I have from Direct just down right sucks! Thank goodness I only have it for baseball and nothing else, my account with Direct is in suspension until next April. I am not a video nut so don't come back at me with a lot of technical jargon because it just boils down to what pleases my eyes. I also like the Ext HD archiving which I know Direct will get soon. Direct could offer a thousand channels and until they improve the quality I will stick with Dish.

Seems a little silly to me to wait, what a few weeks, then change providers to get more HD that will likely be on Dish in time. New DVR, new remote, all the recordings on the DVR gone.... no thanks. I really want SciFi in HD, would love it, but really enough to go through all that hassle, no chance.

How about a "no intention of changing" option or is that the "as long as it takes" one...

I agree 100%

For years DISH had more HD than Direct, and for the past 2 weeks DIRECTV has had more HD than DISH and people are talking about switching?

I would give DISH till the end of the year before I consider switching. Im think they are waiting to see what Directv is going to do before they start launching more channels.

From all the things I've read, the 722 just blows away DirectTV's DVR. The DVR is every bit as important to me as the HD channels (many of which don't carry much I'd want to watch anyway). HD does not make poor content any more appealing to me than SD with that same poor content. Lousy shows are still lousy. Plus, I really don't know how DirectTV defines HD. If they use the same loose criteria to advertise HD (i.e., "SD stretch-o-vision = HD") then I'm not interested no matter HOW many channels they offer of it. Irregardless of whether "they" means Dish or DirectTV. Claiming HD for that garbage is borderline fraud. Both companies.

Switch pending for 10/24. Have been with Dish for over 10 years. 129 doesn't work well in the PacNW and tired of spotty OTA reception for FOX KCPQ while waiting for Dish and Tribune to come to terms on retransmission consent. Also have been with Dish long enough to learn not to believe they will do anything until it is done. My contract term with Dish ends in November. It is time for me to move on now that reports of PQ on the MPEG4 DTV stations (especially Starz mutiplex) surpasses Dish.

For me, I just want that STARZHD multiplex, Both east and west feeds of HBOHD and the additional ShowtimeHD. Oh yeah, doesn't DirectTV also have MAXE and MAXWHD also now.
So I want those also and the same PQ that Direct is supplying those channels. That's about it. Other than that. DISH is great.

I agree 100%

For years DISH had more HD than Direct, and for the past 2 weeks DIRECTV has had more HD than DISH and people are talking about switching?.
Maybe all the E* customers weren't as happy as you thought. E* is a poor at doing business,fees after fees gets old fast.And now with Less HD,what does E* have to stand for? Maybe the the they have more CSR that Don't speak English.

Need one more option before I vote.... "Never, because I got screwed royally by DirecTV before"

Long story, class action lawsuit, D* still continuing bad behavior, yada yada

I've had E* for two years now, HD service for six months. I couldn't be more pleased with the service, the equipment, and the service I've received from the original installer, who has been back a couple of times for service calls.

Unless E* fell way behind in the HD race, and didn't seem to be making any attempt to catch up, I can't imagine dropping the service. We all know there is a space issue right now with the satellites and they are going to have to be very choosy as to what HD they add. They aren't gong to make all of us happy. I'm willing to wait it out.

Considering E11 will be up and running within about 6 months, it seems reasonable to give them that much time. If E* periodically adds some HD until they are at capacity so much the better.

If next April they still do not offer as much or more HD as D* then it is time to consider giving E* their walking papers.

E* has til the fisrt of the year to get my locals or I will opt out of the contract, pay the penalties, and switch to D*

I will most likely wait until the end of the Hockey Season, whereas I subscribed NHL CI Package. Even after that, D* is gonna have to come down to earth on the upfront fees on HD-DVR receivers to make me want to switch and then have to commit for two years.

I think it's hilarious how quickly all of you say you will move providers. I won't give up the 622/722 for any HD channels.

All this fuss about channels people will start complaining about when they realize only about 20% of the content will be real HD and the rest Stretch-O-Vision.

I'm under contract for 3 more months so I will wait until my contract is up and evaluate my options at that time.

Was just on MSNBC.com, saw a D* ad. It was the DirecTV 70 HD Channel Invasion came where you rollover and fly D10 around trying to catch all 70 of their HD Channels... clever...? As for me, I'm going to show patience. The setup we have now works great, with no huge complaints, so a bit less HD for the time being won't kill me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)