• as long as it takes

Votes: 192 28.0%
  • I'm in a contract with Dish

Votes: 126 18.4%
  • I'm in a contract but will leave anyway

Votes: 24 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am in a contract for 9-10 months so who knows what will happen by then. When its time, I will look at them all. They are all just service providers and I have no loyalty to any of them. The one that clearly edges out the competition will get my business.

If DirecTV can match their HD promises in the next couple of months then it will go a long way towards me listening to any future promises seriously.

I'm still in a contract with E*. But I'm no hurry to change. I'll wait until my contract is up and for E* to get their next sat up before I decide. Whichever one has the best PQ at that time will get my business.

I just upgraded to a 722 so I'm in contract for another 18 more months. I'll decide in 18 months to see where Dish Network is but my other option is Comcast not Directv.

absolutely.

we could all switch *each* time the 'leader' changes. wouldn't that be fun? it'd definately be stupid!
Maybe if I already owned D* equipment too, and could "suspend" and "restart" whichever provider with no extra fees or penalties or other headaches.

At this point I got a 622 and two external 250GB drives, all stuffed full. I need to sit down and watch some stuff instead of sitting here all day wondering what else new can be added.

Going back to DTV

It is pretty much a slam dunk for me. I am only a month away from my 18 month committment and I have an installation date this Sunday. The reasons for me going to D* include: I have had nothing but problems with drop-outs on Sat. 129, no fox channel in HD for Seahawk games, and the lack of good HD content in comparison to D* (i.e. Voom channels).

My reason for going to DISH was that my zip code was eligible for the Little Rock locals, and that has never been the case with DirecTV despite numerous calls over the years.

Since I can't receive these channels OTA, its either DISH or Suddenlink cable which is an absolute nightmare.

If (and when) DirecTV ever makes the move to permit reception of those locals in my town, I'll sure give them serious consideration. If I lived in the adjacent county, I would be eligible. :confused:

Going back to Directv

soon. The last DISH installer that was here, the same one that did the HD upgrade in June 2006, told me to switch to Directv...that HD just wasn't a priority for DISH this far North and until a new satellite is in place there is nothing that can be done.

129 on a 24" dish with low noise LNB

All this fuss about channels people will start complaining about when they realize only about 20% of the content will be real HD and the rest Stretch-O-Vision.

Probably true, but more and more of the channels (that D* is getting) have original programming that will all be in HD: Stargate, Eureka, BSG for Sci-Fi, The Shield, Damages, Nip/Tuck on FX, 4400, Psych, Monk, Burn Notice on USA, Mad Men on AMC (I know they're not in HD yet).

The point is that I don't watch any of those channels *except* when I'm watching original programming, so when I see that D* has FX in HD, I don't care that 80% of it will be stretch-o-vision b/c the only time I tune into that channel is for their original (HD) programming and I'm totally bummed that I may not get to watch the final season of The Shield in HD. It's just like TNT now - I only watch basketball and The Closer on that channel, so to me it *is* a "real" HD channel.

That said, I've been with Dish for 11 years and from what I've seen and heard, the 622/722 is truly the best box out there. And with a 500GB external almost half full, no way I'd switch and lose all that programming.

129 sucks!

:mad:
It is pretty much a slam dunk for me. I am only a month away from my 18 month committment and I have an installation date this Sunday. The reasons for me going to D* include: I have had nothing but problems with drop-outs on Sat. 129, no fox channel in HD for Seahawk games, and the lack of good HD content in comparison to D* (i.e. Voom channels).

129 is a TOP priority for me, let's see, I 'move' for Fox HD, other HD locals and CSN Chicago HD. Animal Planet HD is great, new Discovers, Voom (Bad bad :mad:129 a sore spot)....great 622 :D(a Huge plus)

On the other hand, Directv has my Fox local in HD (without moving):cool:, more movie channels in HD, including West feeds, Starz and Showtime HD multiples (I'm AEP+ 622 HP-DVR) :D , MLB EI baseball package :hungry:(needed without zip code switching).

I will wait till March to pull the trigger. Hope the new Sat is up by Baseball season.

Last edited:
Well looks like i did it i actually sub to dish and dtv but i upgraded my dtv to hd and im glad i did the rep there said dish isnt adding anymore hd for awhile but he may just be saying sh*t so i upgraded to hd but ill sub to both for now to see where it takes me and which one has the better service also i think i got a pretty good deal for the hd dvr he waived shipping and handling and gave me a 100 instant rebate and installation was free so i think its a good deal

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)