How long will you wait to switch to D*?

When is your drop dead for E* to add HD before you switch to D*?

• May 1st

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • June 1st

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • July 1st or later

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • Sticking with E* no matter what

Votes: 82 46.9%

• Total voters

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
If you you are thinking of switching to D* when is your drop dead date for E* to wake up and add more HD?

Plain and simple, I'm staying because HD doesn't mean that much to me, so there is not reason for me to leave!

I've been with E* for close to a decade. I'd like more HD, but am willing to be patient for it. I'm not going to rant about it or complain anymore. When they put more up, then they do, and I'll celebrate with everyone else wanting more HD (CNN doesn't really count).

I have been with Dish for over 10 years....Love the HD I have....know I will get more eventually...Just need to be patient and wait for the new birds to go up...I know they will eventually have all or most of the HD Direct has..no complaining or whining or demanding here...

I should add while an HD picture is outstanding it is not the end of the world to watch something in SD....

I will stick with E* cuz here for D* you must have a wing dish for locals and I do not need anymore dishes attached to my property then I have now.
That is interesting. Every Direct customer, myself included, requires only 1 dish to receive all channels, including locals; whereas all of the Dish customers in our area require at least two dishes to receive HD and locals. I have never seen more than 1 Direct dish on a single roof, and I more often than not, see multiple Dish dishes.

Bascially the DVR is what keeps me on Dish, Direct can't record 2 SAT and OTA concurrently, actually Direct can't receord OTA!! Kinda lame, if they match the 722 I'm on Direct in 10 seconds.

That is interesting. Every Direct customer, myself included, requires only 1 dish to receive all channels, including locals; whereas all of the Dish customers in our area require at least two dishes to receive HD and locals. I have never seen more than 1 Direct dish on a single roof, and I more often than not, see multiple Dish dishes.

Actually in my DMA D* requires two dishes on every single install as the locals in my DMA are on the 72 or 77 bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)