How long will you wait to switch to D*?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

When is your drop dead for E* to add HD before you switch to D*?

• May 1st

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • June 1st

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • July 1st or later

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • Sticking with E* no matter what

Votes: 82 46.9%

• Total voters
Switched in November...

DISH left me no other choice. The continual picture loss because of the 129 ... a year-and-a-half was long enough. Sorry I waited so long.

I like the dual tuners for the E* boxes. As far as I know D* doesn't have dual tuner receivers. Right now I have 3 boxes running 5 TV's. If I switch to D*, I would need 5 boxes. Too much $$$ and too much pain in the ass.:eureka

The dates mentioned are much to soon to be deadlines that I would consider.

Yes I want them to add many more HD channels, but they clearly are in the process of adding some.

Since I don't watch USA (so much of its better content ends up on Universal hd anyway) and Sci-fi (I am a big science fiction fan but don't care for much for any of their current shows), these are not the first channels I want added. But clearly these channels are coming. Rumors at that other networks convention from NBC/UNI say that we are waiting for a deal to be settled on for all the NBC/Universal HD channels.

I've been with E* for close to a decade. I'd like more HD, but am willing to be patient for it. I'm not going to rant about it or complain anymore. When they put more up, then they do, and I'll celebrate with everyone else wanting more HD (CNN doesn't really count).

+1

I put I'm sticking with Dish because DirecTV does not offer locals in my area. The only distant they would give me would be NBC. This would be okay except for my OTA Fox HD is in and out so I end up watching that from the satellite. We used to have a lot of DirecTV subscribers around here until Dish launched our locals. Now pretty much everybody is with Dish.

I'm pretty jealous of the D* HD line-up, but they'd have to offer me a Single coax solution (SWM) and OTA capability. Plus I'm very fond of my 622s with 2 EHDs, DLBs, the E* program guide (being able to see 3 hours of shows on the screen). Also the E* remote maps pretty well to my Harmony 880. I think the D* remote could be a pain mapping the red/green/blue/yellow buttons - they'd gave to go into the display part of the Harmony, which I wouldn't like.

Anyway, it all depends if I think E* really has any hope in the next 12 months of catching up to D*s HD offerings.

We used to have a lot of DirecTV subscribers around here until Dish launched our locals. Now pretty much everybody is with Dish.
Although we all want the national HDs that we want, this statement is proof that E* should be doing what they're doing by focusing on adding HD Locals.

I've made it clear in many threads that I'm not going anywhere. As people have said before, HD is not the be all, end all to my TV watching. Right now I get all my networks in HD (OTA and LiL), and the other stuff I watch is only presented in SD. Oh and to switch to D* and get the same channels I'm getting now would cost me an extra $20+ per month, so E* could add 0 HD channels and I'd be fine right where I am.

Had an install set for 2 weeks ago for DirecTV, had to cancel that due to some issues.

I have a new install coming tomorrow morning @ 8AM for DirecTV.
2 HD-DVR
1 HD
1 regular

Dish has been giving the run around since 2006 for me. I switched from Cable back to satellite (DISH) due to this advertisement:
SatelliteGuys Photo Gallery - More from the Dish Network Booth! - Powered by PhotoPost
They worded it perfectly for consumers so we could not sue due to them not delivering HD LIL if they did not do it over the sats.

I stayed with Dish to honor my contract and enjoy the DVR a ton.
I see the exact same run around that Dish is doing now has been happening to people like me since 2006. I lost all faith in Dish.

I will cancel once my DirecTV is up and running tomorrow afternoon.

go with ALL Directv , Dish Network, CableTv
I have for directv is 2- D11, 2 R-15, 1-H20, 1-HR20
Dish Network is 1-VIP211, 1-301
the hr20, vip211, Cabletv is in the living room, in the kids room is R15, 301, Cable tv ,in the master bedroom is the h20, Cabletv

I posted this in another thread, but here is why I am staying with Dish:

I Called D* and I am not switching because it will cost me $800 for equipment. I already invested a lot of money in my Dish DVR's.

Also, Sling is supposed to be integrated into the Dish receivers in 2009. I would rather have one box sitting on my shelf than 2 and the technologies integrated.

In addition, I like having the ability to time shift because I have distant nets for NBC, CBS and FOX and Superstation package for CW. I only qualified for NBC with DirecTV and would have to go through the waiver process again. I wouldn't get CW. (I live in an unserved area by both D* and E*)

Also, I have a lot of movies recorded on my Dish DVR and would have to go through the whole process to get them recorded again with D*. I really like the Dish DVR's and my wife doesn't want to learn new channels.

I have been thinking about getting D* for one TV and just getting distant nets and sports packages like EI, but the wife gets her things first (like pool and new flooring in the house and new windows)

I have had DISH since 1997 and have no intention of going anywhere. I just got my wing dish moved over to 129 from 61.5 so I can get my Reds in HD and I am happy as a clam!!!...:D

I get my HD locals off air, so could care less if they ever put them up on DISH, because the PQ can't match OTA and they probably won't put the sub channels up anyway. I could care less about Sci Fi and most of the others that some here cant seem to live without, but to each his own. Most of my TV viewing at home is sports, so I would perfer to see them launch Speed HD, however that may not happen soon, if at all. Not a deal breaker for me. I can always come to work to see anything I want in HD!!!...:up

Dish is a joke. I have had sat for the last 20 years dating back to Cband and my Drake receivers. I switched to Direct about 4 months ago leaving Dish and their off shore customer service. My two Direct dvr's have been flawless, as well as the service. Rain fade has decreased to almost none and the amount of HD is amazing. My dvr from Dish was dead on arrival. The only English speaking Dish reps I have spoken with have been the four who have called me asking me why I left Dish. We went over each hd channel each offers and now I believe they understand they are not the hd leaders as they told me. All one has to do is to be able to count the channels available.
Tastra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)