How loyal are you?

agree

Whatever I stay w/ E* cuz it gives me what I want and has good equipment. HD Lite comment is BS there have been too many state that they can tell no difference and they have both. I get tired of statements like that. That is just a justification for your decision to go to D*.

Would have to agree, I have had Dish , Direct, TW, and Charter. Each has it's place. But what I have learned is each person has there reasons, I am not loyal to any provider. But I have gone back to Dish twice cuz of equipment and $ as well as What I see as quality. A lot of people gripe about different things. CS reps, dropped channels, cost, changing equipment. My dad is 72, his only request is don't change the remote. Bottom line is if you have the money buy what makes you happy, if not, sucks to be in that position.:rolleyes: Last three times I have called CS at Dish they have bent over backwards to help, not sure why, prier to that I have had some real winners. But I am under a 24 month com. And if they wanted they could tell me to piss off. Just happy I get what I want. I called a couple of days ago free PPV coupons, only had 3 said I thought it was 5, was told I will put two on your account for you. Good to be the King,:up

Well, I've only been with Dish for 1 year as of last month. This morning I averaged out my monthly cost for this first year with them. It came to $61.80/month. I'm pleased with that. With having the number of HD channels E* has in the 200HD + Platinum, the ease of the 722K, and the PQ of both HD & SD, it beats the hell out of what I was getting with Insight cable for about $10 - $20 more a month.
$61.80 includes tax and a handful or so of VOD movies too for the year.

Ghpr13:)

i was with dish 8 years before t change over to direc.i don't care who stay with dish.i got tired of listening to charlie b s.from now on i be loyal to my pocke book

I have been with Dish for over 8 years now and don't plan on going any where else. They give me what I want and that works just fine.
Personally, I don't care if someone has left Dish to go to the dark side nor do I care why, it's no skin off my butt. I am happy with Dish, I am happy with the equipment, I am happy with the programming, and I am happy with what I pay, so I am good! Even if I haven't kept my bills from them over the last 8+ years.

I have been with Dish for over 8 years now and don't plan on going any where else. They give me what I want and that works just fine.
Personally, I don't care if someone has left Dish to go to the dark side nor do I care why, it's no skin off my butt. I am happy with Dish, I am happy with the equipment, I am happy with the programming, and I am happy with what I pay, so I am good! Even if I haven't kept my bills from them over the last 8+ years.

:up:up:up
The only thing I will have to admit, Dish does attract the malcontents. So shew!!!

I've been with Dish since shortly after they began selling in my area (1996 or 1997). No cable then or now in my subdivision, and a move to Directv would probably mean a hassle with new dish mounting and cabling. From my current dish location I have a clean shot to 110/119/129 but anything to the E of 110 wouldn't be possible. The E* and D* offerings are close enough that I don't have a reason to jump. A couple 211k's with EHD do all I need.

For whatever reason, I was rubbed the wrong way. I felt you were a little too "involved", "fixated" , in other words, non-important stuff as the real world goes.

I apologize.

and KAB your posts are relevant enough to make the world go round? Everyone has the right to post whatever they like no matter what people think. Your insensitive replies just go to show how irrelevant you can be. Oh, by the way I have been with Dish for 13 years also.

For whatever reason, I was rubbed the wrong way. I felt you were a little too "involved", "fixated" , in other words, non-important stuff as the real world goes.

I apologize.
and KAB your posts are relevant enough to make the world go round? Everyone has the right to post whatever they like no matter what people think. Your insensitive replies just go to show how irrelevant you can be. Oh, by the way I have been with Dish for 13 years also.

Now, now...let's not allow this thread to descend as others. I appreciate your support, shodobe. I think KAB would agree that internet forums are hardly the place to go for "real world" anyway. In my profession, I see lots of "real world". In fact, I believe I see too much. I see angst, pain, suffering, and death on a daily basis. No, I don't come here for "real world", and something tells me neither does KAB. In fact, I don't even turn on the TV for "real world". I'm chalking KAB's comments up to a bad day, and he did apologize--a gesture I neither sought nor expected. I accept his apology and will continue to respect and revere his opinion.

I bought 2 Dish 301's on 3/11/2003 from Radio Shack for $214.67 plus install.

My monthly bill was $14.85.

Now I have a leased 722k ($0.00 upgrade), a leased 211k ($25.00 upgrade), a leased 211 ($50 upgrade) and an owned 211 ($85.00) with Dish HD Absolute for which I pay $61.02 per month.

All in all Dish has been pretty good to me and I have HDAbsolute-ly no thoughts of going any where.

I wouldn't feel right taking Charlie's free trip to Nashville this September if I bugged out.

The install guide from my original dish 300 w/ 2 3100 receivers dated 1996. My account was from 97, I'm on a new account now due to having to change it to get my work discount.

Attachments

• CIMG0009.jpg
    CIMG0009.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 126
  • CIMG0010.jpg
    CIMG0010.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 120
  • CIMG0011.jpg
    CIMG0011.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 103
  • CIMG0013.jpg
    CIMG0013.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 128
Then don't read them

If you don't like what KAB has to say then ignore him. :rant:
I don't know how many yrs I've been w/ E* but I'm an HD Absolute customer & going no where.

Last edited:
I am loyal to my roof and what's under it, not my tv provider. With that said I am currently satisfied with Dish and don't want or need the hassle of switching providers. I am however concerned about my wallet and have considered bundling with other providers........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)