How many actually Self-Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Put up my first dish (10' bud) in 1985. It was used-no manual, so I found a guide to satellite tv at a used book store (it was about the size of a Sear catalog) did alot of reading then went to work. I too found out the absolute necessity of a plumb pole. Once I got it working it was like winning the lottery. Since then I've moved several times and installed three more 10-footers, then once E* became the wave I've installed several of them as well. It wasn't until a year ago I got back into the bigger dish market (FTA) and now am playing with ku and several old P* dishes. I would never pay someone to help me with my hobby, as that's exactly how I veiw it...a hobby. I certainly wouldn't get into gardening (for example) then hire someone to plant it for me. Let's hope FTA is around a long time!

Heard about free to air on Chuck Harder and found a local distributor of free to air systems. Bought a system from him and with a little telephone advise, and satellite guys help, had my system up and running in about a week. Before that I had self installed 3 dish network dishes. I think installing a moving system myself was a priceless experience. I finally found an adequate Replacement for my satwork 3688. Just finished my first complete scann with my new pansat 3500s! Wow! I love this stuff!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)