How Many Are Paying A Monthly Insurance Fee?

Mr Ranger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
I have been with Dish for a dozen years. My signal strength has become weak to the point that when there is a cloud I am not getting some of my channels. The problem is most apparent on 129 where many of my HD and locals are at. I am in Detroit by the way and have a clear LOS.

Dish says to fix the problem I will either have to sign up for the "protection plan" or pay a $90 some odd dollar fee for a tech to come out. I told them no thanks, I will look at seeing who else wants to collect $50 a month from me for who knows how many years.

Before calling around for a new provider, thought I would see what input you may have. I have a 622 receiver that I have had for about 5 years. I love the DVR feature. I primarily watch only HD channels. So what would you suggest?

I used to do it all the time when I was only picking up one bird. Is there a cheap meter for doing my own tuning?

Your DVR will suffice, but there are better ways. I'll leave that to others more knowledgeable than I.

I, personally, have had the service plan, AKA DHPP, since I joined, roughly 10 years ago. I believe it is worth it. I do not like playing the system, as some here advocate. I just consider it a basic part of the monthly cost.

If I lost my job, I might drop it. But, more likely, I'd have to drop Dish completely and go with Fios and their UGH DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)