How many cables w/ new dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
N

nectarologist

May 25, 2005
NY tri-state area
Hello. I currently have a 3 lnb oval dish w/ 3 DirecTivos (non-HD). I plan on calling D* this week to see what they can offer as far as upgrading my dish and adding HD DVRs. From what I've been reading I should have no problem getting these at no upfront costs (though I realize it's all in the way I ask for it). Since the new dishes have 5 lnbs, does that mean they need to drill more holes in the side of my house?

Should I expect to pay for a new multi switch if it's needed?

Should I lease the box from them or buy one on my own?

Thanks for the help.
-Chris

jdspencer

jdspencer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2004
Binghamton, NY
If your 3LNB dish has four coaxes connected then you're fine as the 5LNB dish also has four outputs. I assume you have a current multiswitch since you have more than 4 tuners. Your switch will be swapped (no cost) for an SW68 which is compatible with the 5LNB dish.

N

nectarologist

May 25, 2005
NY tri-state area
Thank you both for the information. I didn't realize that the lease applies if I bought it on my own so I'll just get what they offer me.
Thanks again,
Chris

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Thank you both for the information. I didn't realize that the lease applies if I bought it on my own so I'll just get what they offer me.
Thanks again,
Chris

NP,
I think it was March of '06 when they changed their policy about buying and leasing.

Regardless, IF you were to still be able to buy one legally you would pay a $ 5 fee for an Addl. rec. where as now that same $ 5 goes to a Leasing fee.

btw, Welcome to the site !!!

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.