How many computers do you have in your house?

Lets see.

8 in the media room.
8 in the server room.
3 in the kids rooms.
1 in the work shed.

No need to turn on the heater in winter. :)

Yeah, my basement office is a bit warmer this winter than last -- that's what happens when you up the machine count dramatically :D

On a side note, I'm seriously considering going Solid State in all my machines in 2008, and having the big storage protected in a Raid Z setup.

Cheers,

I have a 3 terabyte Media Server, a home automation server running Premise Home Control , 3 Fujitsu Tablet PC's for use with the H/A server, 3 HTPCs, a nano-itx running a in-wall touchscreen and 1 Laptop.

I got to get in on this!

3 Windows 2003 servers, 1 for work, 1 fileserver, 1 music and photos.
All with 1tb SCSI RAID 5 arrays
3 1tb NAS storage devices for backup
1 Dell XPS Desktop w/ dual 21" digital monitors
1 Dell Latitude Laptop
1 Dell Inspiron Laptop
3 Industrial touchscreens running Windows CE
8 Industrial programmable logic computers, 1 to control the house, others for work testing
All hardwired Ethernet

Lets see..

1 HTPC
1 W2k3 Domain Controller
1 W2k3 RADIUS Server
1 FreeBSD Machine with attached FC Storage box - 4TB RAID-Z
1 Desktop (for personal use)
2 Laptops (1 for travel, 1 for work)

so that's..
7 machines.

hum, 1 dell dim 5510 for home use 9 (xp with vista miser), 1 dell optiplex for work (xp pro), 1 emac in my daughters room and a dim laptop the wife uses, plus my ps3 (if you want to count that, with linux installed), adding a standalone server later to put all photo, music, and movies into :)

3 desktops and 2 laptops here. All Windows XP, but I'm thinking of getting a Mac Mini, since I've always wanted a Mac and have an extra monitor, keyboard & mouse just collecting dust.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts