How many computers do you have in your house?

3 laptops (2 mac, 1 PC)
1 aged Mac, circa 1997 (9600 w/ OS X serving as household music server), which my wife wants to update to a Mac Mini (little does she know I planted that idea in her head over a year ago).

Waiting to get a suped-up media workstation in the Spring...probably a quad Mac tower that I'll set up to dual boot w/ XP or (gasp) Vista.

Do my Xbox 360 or PS3 count as 'computers'? They're almost HTPCs, actually ;).

2 Desktop and 1 Laptop all networked.

4 computers in active use (1 Mac Pro & 3 Win XP boxes) for three people. Other computers include an Amiga 3000, Mac IIci, and a Northstar Horizon 4 MHz Z-80 box.

3 Computers currently in use: 1 Home Brew Desktop w/ Vista Ultimate, HP Laptop w/ XP Pro, Work Dell Laptop with XP Pro.

I'll be adding my other 2 to the running as soon as I finish unpacking everything. I'll probably end up running a linux file server and set up my spare Dell as a make shift HTPC (if you hide it behind the entertainment center who would know?)

Wife: Athlon XP 2800+
Me: Athlon 64, 3GB of ram, and a terrabyte + of storage
Kid: Athlon XP 1800
Me: Linux box running Athlon XP 1800
Laptop:#1`: Thinkpad, 2GB of ram
Laptop #2: Fujitsu Lifebook Tablet
Laptop #3: Toshiba, not in active use

All on WinXP except the linux box, of course :)

All desktops home-brewed...

Geez, thats a lot of computers, and not even counting Palm PDAs... :D

I have a large family, so...
2 network servers
1 media server
3 media clients
4 desktops
2 Macs (I hate to consider them "computers")
6 laptops

Plus I have a closet full of computers & parts that don't get used
And that doesn't count all of non-pc computers (i.e. pda's, NAS devices, modified xboxes that run as media streaming devices, dvr's, etc)

Only four in my family so all I have is

4 Desktops (650 PIII-Kids spare, 1.9 P4-Kids, 3.0 P4-Wife, 2.8 Dual Core-Mine)
and
1 Work Laptop

All except the Laptop are Running Folding at Home

Are all of your Pc's Running Folding at Home?

Well I wonder how many computers people have running, I have a desktop (old Imac) and a powerbook G4, that my wife and I use the most, we recently decided to just use one computer and I bought a Macbook off of ebay (GREAT deal too at 850 for a macbook that is covered under warrenty until 2010!) but it made me wonder how many other people have one computer in their house? most here probably have 3+ computers, but remember my kid is only 5 months old, so I dont think he needs one yet (not until at least 8 months :) )

I have 5, 2 laptops and 3 desktops. In my den I have a gamers tower that has the quad core chip with 3 Gig of Ram and a 750G hard drive and a 28" Hi def monitor that I use strictly for gaming.
In my basement I have a HP media center that I have 26,000 songs and 200 videos and can send to any tv in the house as well as play music in any room in the house and also use it as a dvr.

In my family room I have another unit that is used strictly for emails and a host for my security system that allows me to view 4 webcams in my house from any computer and 2 laptops that are used by my daughters when they are home.

diogen:

It's about to go out for review to one of our other writers so I didn't count it.

It'll get rebuilt to try out VIsta Media Center when it gets back.

Best,

Gonna be putting some stuff up in the classifieds here shortly and I'll be open to trades as I'm looking for a laptop so keep that in mind for those who are looking to get rid of one. :)

Let me count

Okay this is my list. Might be thinned out a little:

1. Thosiba Tecra 500cs notebook with 64 meg of ram. Pentium90
(Runs Windows 98) - Thinking of putting linux on it.

2. Kaypro 2 (Brother picked it up from the junk yard.)
(Missing key and keyboard and one of the two floppies still in the drive has a bad spot)

3. C64 with tape drive. (White version, if I remeber it is the vic20 drive)

4. Pentium III 866 with 512 meg ram (Running Novell Open Enterprise Server 1)

5. Pentium III 866 with 512 meg ram (Windows 2000 Server)

6. Dual Pentium III 500 with 512 meg ram (Cent os 4.X Server)
(Linux server with 6 older scsi 9 gb hard drives. I think they are 9)
(This also includes a older 6 cd scsi tower)

7. AMD Duron 800 with 256 megs of ram. Slackware linux and a bunch of old IDE hard drives. In fact so many of them. I had to unplug one since I'm to lazy to put a bigger power supply in it.

8. Quadra 650 mac with 2 hard drive, no cd system 7.6 and a PPC 601 upgrade

9. Power PC 8500 with 2 hard drive. Not in that great looking condition and I think the ethernet port is dead. Cannot remeber. Just loaded os9 on it the other day and ordered a G3 150/300 upgrade for it.

10. Main computer Smeptron 2400 with windows xp pro.

11. Just recently added a Athlon 1600+ and loaded it with windows XP. Though I'm not sure what I want to do. Only has 256 megs of dimm in it.

12. Mac Classic that is collecting dust. Brother picked that one up. I have not powered it on in a while.

I think I covered it all. Though some of those macs might go out the door and some other things. Just not sure.

Later,

Josh

I have 3 PC Desktops, 1 Powermac G5, 2 PC Laptops and 1 MacBook pro running in the house. I also have 2 other desktops in the basement that I run once in a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts