How many dishes do you have--HD?

MrsJerseyJets

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
How many dishes do you have installed for just 2 TVs? I was told they are installing 2 dishes (I am getting the DVR ADvantage with HD) and have one HD TV and one SD TV...does everyone get 2 dishes for this? Which dishes do you get for this?

Thanks for any info!!

How many dishes do you have installed for just 2 TVs? I was told they are installing 2 dishes (I am getting the DVR ADvantage with HD) and have one HD TV and one SD TV...does everyone get 2 dishes for this? Which dishes do you get for this?

Thanks for any info!!

Most parts of the country need just one dish. However, New England and parts of Florida need a second dish. (These locations are outside of the viewing area of the 129 satellite and so have to be aimed at a satellite that mirrors that content, 61.5)

The number of dishes has nothing to do with the number of tvs you plan to hook up. Enjoy your new setup!

I live in South Jersey and I have 2 satellites as well. My initial install had 1 Dish. I'm no Dish techie either so I can't tell you exactly why but when I got my HDTV they gave me the 211 receiver and said I needed a second satellite to receive something....

I have no idea about the 2 satellites on 1 pole though. Mine are on my roof.

I live smack dab in the middle of the US (Western Kansas to be exact, the exact center is about an hour from me) and have a single dish install with HD. I have a Dish 1000 and get feeds from 110, 119 and 129. We just got the new setup in January and have had a few decent snow storms and no signal loss on 129. I wouldn't say that is conclusive though as we haven't had any good, good storms :)

I've had 3 dishes on my house since mid 2000.

Started with 119 in 1997
Got a 61.5 dish in 1999 for Sky Angel.
Got a 110° dish for Dish Latino in 2000. (no Dish 500 yet)

Had them and an SW64 switch since! :)

See ya
Tony

If you want your locals, it depends upon what satellite your locals are carried on. If you're getting HD, you need either 129 or 61.5. I strongly recommend 61.5 if you have a good LOS to it. This means a second dish, but you will likely have a better signal.

I now have a dish 1000.2 dish( I installed it today) and a side sat to 61.5 so I get 110/119/129/61.5 and I get great signals now on all 4 sats. The best part is my hd channels are still being taken off of the 61.5 sat dish and I get just about equal good number strengths in the 90s and 100s on both 129 and 61.5. The 119 sat is locked in in the 100s and the 110 is coming in the high 80s -mid 90s and some 100s.

COOLNESS!!:D :D :up

1 @ 119, 110
1 @ 129
This was a HD upgrade and the installer said that a single dish at 129 was better. They swapped out the LBN's on the original dish.

Eight Dishes - but only 4 for Dish

1.2m for 148W
1.2m for 129W
Dish 500 for 61.5
2 Toroidal T90s - 1 has 110/119/129 on it.

Contact your Congressional Delegation and tell them you support allowing Dish to sell DNS service if they pay a penalty in the amount of every cent collected from ALL DNS subs over the years they offered DNS illegally and profited - using it to reduce the Federal debt. Congress should not and cannot reward Corporations that break the law making millions each month off of it.

If Dish did pay that total amount and then paid it again and again and again every day it would take 27.364 years to pay off the national debt.

The national debt is much more complicated than what you owe Visa and it is also a standard part of the financial workings of the US in the world.

Oh, and I think you would be surprised if you got a peek at the financials of Dish on what they actually achieved in net profit from DNS.