How many Dishes for South Asian Programming + America 120

akshay_bombay

Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
PA
This is Odd , and i need some help from guys ..

Few Months ago (may be a year ) i used to get South Asian Programming as well as America 120 , with just 1 single dish.

I then stopped subscribing to the international programming. Now when i started my subscription again , i am being told i need 2 dishes for these channels . In fact the first time also i was told the same by the dish tech at home , but some sharp guy at the Dish Tech Support , told my tech that it was possible to get these channels with just 1 dish .

Can someone put some light on this ...

I am in Pennsylvania.

depends weather your locals are on the eastern or western arc....more than likely you have a eastern arc dish now and that is why you would need two dishes....if you are on the western arc you can get by with one dish (1000plus)

The international channels were formerly broadcast on 61.5 and 118.7. Now they are only on 118.7 which suggests you are on the Eastern Arc seeing the 61.5 satellite is part of EA. If you had continued subscribing to the international channels DISH would have moved you free of charge to the 118.7 satellite. Now DISH will have to determine if you still get a free move to 118.7.

If your locals are on both East and West Arcs you can still get away with only one dish. In PA you are probably Eastern Arc only so you would need a big dish aimed at 118.7 I think the DISH 500+ is a 36" dish the largest DISH normally uses.

The international channels were formerly broadcast on 61.5 and 118.7. Now they are only on 118.7 which suggests you are on the Eastern Arc seeing the 61.5 satellite is part of EA. If you had continued subscribing to the international channels DISH would have moved you free of charge to the 118.7 satellite. Now DISH will have to determine if you still get a free move to 118.7.

If your locals are on both East and West Arcs you can still get away with only one dish. In PA you are probably Eastern Arc only so you would need a big dish aimed at 118.7 I think the DISH 500+ is a 36" dish the largest DISH normally uses.

Right now i have a 1000.4 dish with 77,72 and 61.5 satellite orbitals .

They say i need 118.7 , and need another dish for it ...

I was thinking of replacing 61.5 with 118.7 , if possible ?? They say Dish 500+ would not work in eastern arc. for quad lnbs ..

Right now i have a 1000.4 dish with 77,72 and 61.5 satellite orbitals .

They say i need 118.7 , and need another dish for it ...

I was thinking of replacing 61.5 with 118.7 , if possible ?? They say Dish 500+ would not work in eastern arc. for quad lnbs ..

I called Dish again, they said all i need is a wing dish for 118.7 .. Do you guys thing , that this would work?

So is a wing dish , a totally separate dish ??
Yup. Pretty much if you live on the east coast now, you now need 2 dishes if you want HD and international programming. As Boba said earlier, they used to have internationals on 61.5 where you would only need one Dish, but they pulled those because supposedly, they wanted to add more HD channels in the future.

If you don't care about HD you can use one dish for 110, 119, 118.7. You'll get all the programming but no HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)