How many Fix dishes can you hookup to the AZbox

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Would like to know if it has trouble with 8x1 disesqc and 4xdisesq with 2x21khz configurations

And also if there is anyone out there with more than 8 fix dishes tell me how did you do it.

thanks

There are plenty of settings for diseqc on the azbox. From what I see there is
Diseqc 1.0 & Diseqc 1.1 along with 22K settings. I dont see a separate Diseqc 1.1 dropdown so I think the max you can do is 16 (Diseqc 1.1 + 22k switches)

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I only have 6 LNB's set up (Diseqc 1.0 & 22k switches)

I believe the AZBox supports Diseqc 8x1

DiSEqC-8-1-SchalterD.jpg

It does support 1.1 Diseqc which the 8x1 can do

I have a digiwave 8x1 and it worked great with all other Diseqc 1.1 receivers I have :)

Linuxman, please pick up the purple phone....Linuxman...you are needed in this thread...please pick up the purple phone. :D

Maybe this will explain litlle:

C/P from another site:

if you're using a 20x single 1.1 switch, I have no answer but if you connect 20 lnb cascading 1.1 and 1.0 switches, you got the "combination" option that allows you to specify both the uncommitted and the committed position:

diseqc 1.1 input 1 + diseqsc 1.0 input A (A/A)
diseqc 1.1 input 1 + diseqsc 1.0 input B (A/B)
diseqc 1.1 input 1 + diseqsc 1.0 input C (B/A)
diseqc 1.1 input 1 + diseqsc 1.0 input D (B/B)
diseqc 1.1 input 2 + diseqsc 1.0 input A (A/A)

and so on up to input 16 that means 64 LNBs.

I got a 8x 1.1 uncommited switch, so I can't check what happens with input 9 ..16 but it's working fine with my 13 LNB home system

http://www.minhembio.com/forum/uploads/monthly_07_2008/post-113734-1216863950.jpg

There are plenty of settings for diseqc on the azbox. From what I see there is
Diseqc 1.0 & Diseqc 1.1 along with 22K settings. I dont see a separate Diseqc 1.1 dropdown so I think the max you can do is 16 (Diseqc 1.1 + 22k switches)

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I only have 6 LNB's set up (Diseqc 1.0 & 22k switches)

If you keep going in the Diseqc selection menu, you find "combination mode" where you can combine committed and uncommitted Diseqc switches. :)
That should give you 64 lnbf's .
It's a long way in using the right arrow. Probably the left arrow is a shorter route.
:)

too modest:

I have 28 lnbfs hooked to mine using 4x4 multi-switchres (22Khz on and off), 4X1 diseqc switches leading into 8X1 diseqc switches, and planning to add more. :)
Yea, but that hardly tells the whole story.
The 4x4 multiswitch gives you a choice of 2, using 22khz.
The 4x1 and 8x1 diseqc give you a choice of 4 & 8 respectively.
(note the difference between committed and uncommitted diseqc, as that is the secret)
So, that's 2 x 4 x 8 = 64 possible LNBs, none of which could be Universal.
(A universal could use up two of the possible 64, if necessary)

And how you cascade them is important.

See also:
Review DMSI 8X1 Diseqc Switch (which is not recommended)
Digiwave 8x1 uncomitted switch (which is recommended)

If you keep going in the Diseqc selection menu, you find "combination mode" where you can combine committed and uncommitted Diseqc switches. :)
That should give you 64 lnbf's .
It's a long way in using the right arrow. Probably the left arrow is a shorter route.
:)

you are correct...I started scrolling then stopped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)