How many Folders with EHD?

Very glad to help!
Good luck. :)
Ok so I tried this and no go here. I do not have the 'My Folders' option on the EHD. On the regular DVR storage I only have one folder which says 'No Folder' and there is no option to create any other folders.

Ok so I tried this and no go here. I do not have the 'My Folders' option on the EHD. On the regular DVR storage I only have one folder which says 'No Folder' and there is no option to create any other folders.

Sorry it didn't work. As we've been told in this thread, this does not apply specifically to an EHD -- but I'm sorry to see that it was not there on your Hopper. Do you have Hopper with Sling? That is the one that I have, so maybe you have an earlier version of the Hopper that did not have these folder options???

Hopefully someone else with more info will be able to answer that.

Sorry it didn't work. As we've been told in this thread, this does not apply specifically to an EHD -- but I'm sorry to see that it was not there on your Hopper. Do you have Hopper with Sling? That is the one that I have, so maybe you have an earlier version of the Hopper that did not have these folder options???

Hopefully someone else with more info will be able to answer that.
Hopper with Sling, the latest one. I wonder if it has to do with my backup transfer from the regular 1st gen Hopper to this one?

Are you sure? I'm not at my Hopper right now, but I've gone from 722k's to regular Hopper then Hoppers with Sling. Always had a My Folders option for the DVRs. Can't recall but think the setting for naming your folders is in the DVR menu and then the 'Edit' button? Play around, the option is there somewhere. But again, only for the DVR and not for the EHDs.

Also never had issues with moving content pulled from a regular Hopper (H2K) onto an EHD and then put onto a newer Sling Hopper.

Always been a frustration of mine (and others) that there is no option to have a list view in My Folder folders where we do not have to go through icon-hell all the time. The only place they do that is in the Folders by Title option (once you open a title with many recordings you see a list). Doubt they ever will allow sub folders of any kind, which is a shame. It should be like a PC and other electronic devices that allow us to organize the way we like/need, at least to a few sub folders if necessary.

Are you sure? I'm not at my Hopper right now, but I've gone from 722k's to regular Hopper then Hoppers with Sling. Always had a My Folders option for the DVRs. Can't recall but think the setting for naming your folders is in the DVR menu and then the 'Edit' button? Play around, the option is there somewhere. But again, only for the DVR and not for the EHDs.

Also never had issues with moving content pulled from a regular Hopper (H2K) onto an EHD and then put onto a newer Sling Hopper.

Always been a frustration of mine (and others) that there is no option to have a list view in My Folder folders where we do not have to go through icon-hell all the time. The only place they do that is in the Folders by Title option (once you open a title with many recordings you see a list). Doubt they ever will allow sub folders of any kind, which is a shame. It should be like a PC and other electronic devices that allow us to organize the way we like/need, at least to a few sub folders if necessary.
I'm sure... this is from my Joey but same thing on my Hopper:

dishint.jpg

I'm sure... this is from my Joey but same thing on my Hopper:

...but did you see my comment as well? "Can't recall but think the setting for naming your folders is in the DVR menu and then the 'Edit' button? Play around, the option is there somewhere." What happens when you select the Edit button in the corner?

EDIT Found this:

http://about.dish.com/blog/hopper/how-store-recordings-personalized-folders-your-hopper-dvr

and this:

https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12372

...but did you see my comment as well? "Can't recall but think the setting for naming your folders is in the DVR menu and then the 'Edit' button? Play around, the option is there somewhere." What happens when you select the Edit button in the corner?

EDIT Found this:

http://about.dish.com/blog/hopper/how-store-recordings-personalized-folders-your-hopper-dvr

and this:

https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12372
Thanks I appreciate the help. It's ok though, I only use the internal HD for temp recordings. The ones I keep are all on my EHD. I just need folders on the external HD. Fingers crossed for the option on the upcoming OS.

Jay

Remember not to go bigger than 2TB and don't transfer more than 1000 titles. The Hopper will currently support 2 EHD's.

I just ordered the following EHD from Amazon: WD 2TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBFJK0020HBK-NESN

I wish the Hopper w Sling had a USB 3.0 because it's supposed to have a much faster transfer rate. But it will still work with a 2.0 from what I've read. I'm hoping it will arrive by the end of next week, then the transferring can begin. I'll probably use up all of the 999 folders that are allowed.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

I just ordered the following EHD from Amazon: WD 2TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBFJK0020HBK-NESN

I wish the Hopper w Sling had a USB 3.0 because it's supposed to have a much faster transfer rate. But it will still work with a 2.0 from what I've read. I'm hoping it will arrive by the end of next week, then the transferring can begin. I'll probably use up all of the 999 folders that are allowed.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

That's a nice drive. I have a couple of them and they work great. Good luck and Happy New Year. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)