How many 'Levels of Losing' have you gone through?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
ESPN Page 2 - The Sports Guy: Levels of Losing 2.0

Bill Simmons once wrote an article about the 16 levels of losing.

How many have you gone through, and try and be specific.

(Don't think I'm gloating; I'm on much of this list, BTW- I AM a Buffalo sports fan, so HD and I are on the same level- scratch that, Cleveland KILLS Buffalo on the gridiron)

Level XVI: The Princeton Principle
I had low expectations for the 2005-06 Sabres- they made it all the way to Game 7 of the NHL Eastern Conference Finals with a ton of injured D-Men- and STILL led the game in the third period!

Level XV: The Achilles' Heel
Insert any game when Texas Tech gives up a bajiliion points

Level XIV: The Alpha Dog
1993 Stanley Cup Playoffs- Patrick Roy almost singlehandedly ousts Buffalo from the playoffs in a sweep with THREE overtime games

Level XIII: The Rabbit's Foot
2007 NHL Eastern Conference Finals- Sabres lose two overtime games and another game 1-0 to Ottawa

Level XII: The Sudden Death
The following years when the Sabres lose playoff OT games in my lifetime- 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2007

Level X: The Monkey Wrench
Brett Hull- Foot in crease. I'll stop there.

Level IX: The Full-Fledged Butt-Kicking
Super Bowl XXVII- Cowboys 52- Bills 17
2005- Texas 52, Texas Tech 17

Level VIII: The "This Can't Be Happening"
Remember when Jacksonville beat Buffalo in a Wild-Card playoff game? (Jim Kelly's last NFL game, BTW)

Level V: The Role Reversal
The Sabres, after beating the Ottawa Senators three times in the playoffs- 1997, 1999, 2006- lose to them in 2007

Level IV: The Guillotine
Super Bowl XXVIII, when Thurman Thomas fumbles in the third quarter- the last Bills game I EVER saw as a resident of the city of Buffalo

Level III: The Stomach Punch
Music City Miracle
Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma State in 2005, costing them a possible BCS berth
Texas Tech loses to Alabama in the Cotton Bowl on an ugly field goal. They lost to freaking Mike Shula!

That's a grand total of 11 levels!

I am as cursed as anyone- HD MM has the 'Cleveland Sports Curse,' but he has an Ohio State national title in college football.

I HAVE NOTHING!!!!!!

I present to you the worst team in the NFL : My St. louis rams.

What will be the first 'big game' of this NFL season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts