How many LNBs can you fit on a dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
I'm considering setting up a fixed dish with multiple lnbs and was wondering if there was any sort of formula for determining how wide of an arc you could get based upon dish size?

Can I ask what sort of spacing people have been able to accomplish with a 90-120cm dish. I'm guessing ~30-40deg should be possible but would like to hear what people have been able to do.
Thanks in advance.

A 30-40 degree spread is possible on a Toroidal dish such as the Wave Frontier T90, but I don't think it is feasible on a regular dish. The DBS dishes get nearly 20 degrees, but remember that those satellites are more powerful than linear Ku-Band birds.

You might be able to do 20 degrees on a 90CM dish....one on each side of the boresight LNB (the one in the middle)

As tron noted, toroidal dishes are really the only ones that can get 40 degrees. I has one and was able tor get 72-111.1 no issues and when I added a piece of wood on the bar to extend it far enough I could get 119 DBS too. The review area has the pics of mine

I found on my 1.2m i could get 111W linear to 82W circular, and i could get 1 degree spacing for 111W linear and 110 circular by strapping (tie straps and tape):) lnbs together side by side, and pointing in a little, found that after i had 4 on there i had to put support under the arm, from the weight. But my base was mobile not fixed, so i could move it to different parts of the step to see around trees.

Last edited:
One thing to remember however is that there is only ONE focal point of a sat dish. This means that any LNBFs that are off the prime focus will be a compromise.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts