How many Luken muxes @ 87W?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

highskies

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Texarkana
Until just recently, I wasn't able to see this sat because of tree limbs. So this means I never really kept up with what was happening at this location.

I've been scanning in a bunch of chs that don't play, so I decided to delete every single ch on that sat, and then rescan. I'm still getting the same thing.

One signal is 4080 H and another signal is 4000 H. These occupy chs 6 thru 77. All of these chs play just fine, with a sig Q of around 70% or so on my S9. Then another signal scans in, this one at 3800 H. This occupies chs 82 thru 112. I'm assuming these are Luken chs, because some of them say OPEN, LUC2, TUFE, etc. But nothing plays on any of these chs, can't even get a lock on them, tho there was obviously a lock on this signal in order for the S9 to scan anything in to begin with. So then, does this 3rd mux work and play on anyone else's setup?

I enjoy this hobby, tho I don't watch as much tv as probably everyone else. But with the current heatwave going on, I'm finding myself in the house watching tv more than usual lately. Heck I'm afraid I could wind up being a couch potato if I'm not careful. One would think, with the access to hundreds and hundreds of chs, that one could easily find something to watch that interests them. Last night I did watch METV for a bit, when I watched Batman and Lost In Space. Shows like that are kind of cool to watch all over again I guess. But a lot of shows that I would really like to watch again, like the Munsters, Sanford and Son, Daktari, Cade's County, Garrison's Guerrillas, Magilla Gorilla, Run Buddy Run, so on and so on...well I can't find any of those on any of these channels. So that is one reason I probably don't watch as much tv as everyone else. But I do find it very enjoyable to scan the skies, just to see what one can find.

The "original" muxes on 87W for RTV arte
3800 H 29125
4080 H 29125

the 4000 mux I have yet to get on my 6 footer

As for the 3800 channels not playing...do this
go into the TP menu
find that transponder
edit the TP to 3810 (or even 3805)
save (dont scan)
they'll come in fine

something weird happens because they blind scan in at 3800 but then you have to change the frequency for them to lock after that

My Manhattan does the same thing. The Micro plays them fine at 3800

My thread on that particular "issue"
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/285257-finally-got-rtv-3800-mux-87w.html

go into the TP menu
find that transponder
save (dont scan)
they'll come in fine

Thanx for the tip, Ice. I just tried that, and sure enough, they're now playing like a charm.

go into the TP menu
find that transponder
save (dont scan)
they'll come in fine

I have to do the same thing on the Openbox.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)