How many National HD channels does E* currently have?

I hope his cable is more reliable than mine was.

I dont know.....Somehow I doubt it. But I have to try - it simply NOT an issue of I can save $X a month or anything of the sort. There is just nothing on the horizon that says my HD locals & RSN are on the way.

Its a no lose deal - either I am right in the first place that SAT is better than Cable and return (I am actually not quitting dish - running them side by side for awhile)....Or cable proves to be the better option for me and I changed at the right time. Of course maybe within this year E* will roll out a plan to get HD lcoals in Lansing, MI (doubt it) and FSN Detroit in my area (doubt it - not even D* does for my area).

Actually, its somewhat of a hijack as the thread is national channels. But not really since COMCAST in my area added whole bunch of Nat'l HD's which put it further than D* and just slightly under E* unless you are in love with the VOOMs.....I like them, I watch WorldSport & RAVE and think they are great - but my locals and RSN really do mean more to me right now. Untill Comcast added those recent NAT'l adds - I wouldnt even consider them. But if they are good and reliable - then at least for me - E* Will NOT be the HD leader , except for some number - numbers are NOT everything.

I hope his cable is more reliable than mine was.
The neat part about cable is that you can't really lose unless you miss something that they don't carry. If the subscriber does decide to return, they aren't as likely to be bound by a multi-year agreement. There's even a chance that if they decide to come back, they'll be treated to "new customer" deals.

Maybe you, not everyone.....

I am moving to Cable after 15+ years of satellite. I am sick and tired of struggling to pull in OTA locals in HD and my RSN not being in HD...I get both with the coming cable system. I am FAR more interested in network HD now then ever before. Since the downfall of the 622/211 OTA tuner - I am fed up....If you live 10 miles to a tower might not be an issue - I live over thirty - ITS A BIG DEAL.....!!!

Funny, its not my wife - its me that cant take it anymore. I spent nearly a whole rainy weekend with no signal - ridiculous. When I missed the last half of the Da Vinci code due to a storm - I called Comcast.

I have been a SAT supporter for the last decade or more. I cant possibly even number how many people I have sent is SAT providers. Its over now.

Have you looked into a better antenna? You had a post in this forum back on May 21 talking about how great your reception was with an attic-mounted antenna. 30 miles isn't very far to receive a digital broadcast. What has changed?

Have you looked into a better antenna? You had a post in this forum back on May 21 talking about how great your reception was with an attic-mounted antenna. 30 miles isn't very far to receive a digital broadcast. What has changed?

The 211 & 622 OTA tuners have been broken by a software update. You get a good signal but they still cut-out, pixelate, lockup randomly for almost no reason. There is some info on that in one of these posts. The TV tuners dont have that problem, but I am not into switching sources everytime I want to watch a network show.

But its really as much the RSN as anything, I am a homer - I love the home teams and I love Hi-DEF. Sports Junkie who needs my RSN in HD. When cable offered it - it was simply a no-brainer to take them on. If DISH can get them going fine - but even D* spot beams them and does me no good - so I dont see any quick fix here. For my needs, cable provides me something that D* & E* just cant - FSN Detroit in glorius HD. I got to see Justin Verlanders No-Hitter in HD last night. Couldnt do that with either satellite service.

The 211 & 622 OTA tuners have been broken by a software update. You get a good signal but they still cut-out, pixelate, lockup randomly for almost no reason. There is some info on that in one of these posts. The TV tuners dont have that problem,

I'm sure your built in tuners are better than the dish ota tuner, I know mine are. However I bet your picture problems are due to multipath in your attic. As the seasons change I have to make slight adjustments to my attic antenna to compensate. By doing this both my 622 and 211 haven't had any problems with reception.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts