how many others

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navy8ball

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2003
Henryetta,OK. 74437
how many other satellite users dont know how to use their equipment?i was visiting my twin sister the other day and the first thing i noticed driving up to her house was E* dishes mounted on house.i was suprised cause the last time i had visited about 3 years ago they were dead set against satellite.after settling in i found out the following she had 4 301 receivers and she didnt know anything about DVR's.i had to show her how to use the menu section which included search,enabling caller id, setting up favorites etc; she had never heard of charlie chats.i am pretty sure her husband who was at work was clueless to because no favorites and caller id was disabled.i clued her in on how to operate everything and gave her all info on DVR 510 good and bad.they have the everything package but did not get superstations.to their defense they are very busy people both work full time and have ranch with cattle on it also 2 grown kids and 1 grand kid.

My sister is the sameway, she's got a 508 and 301, very seldom do they record and she never has clue when dish upgrades it. I suspect there's alot of people like that.

John Corn said:
My sister is the sameway, she's got a 508 and 301, very seldom do they record and she never has clue when dish upgrades it. I suspect there's alot of people like that.
Can you say "most people"? People who visit these forums (we) are the exception, not the rule. As a result, we have absolutely no perspective on the situation. Mr & Mrs John Q Public are clueless and in a state of bliss. What we see as indispensble they don't even know or care about.

I have a customer called me the other day saying two of the 301 receivers does not work, turned out one receiver someone plug the rca cable to the tv's out out jack and the other receiver not even turn on the power. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Countless people. By Brother in Law had no idea you could go about 9 days out on the 508 guide. He just stopped after going to that night's schedule. He knew the favorite lists, and did a good job of making them, but did not know all you had to do was to hit the guide button to go thru them. He was going to the menu selection each time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)