How many receivers can I connect to one dish?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Right now I'm on an "Eastern Arc" setup with two satellites on my roof. I'm not sure what kind of how they hooked up.

I also have two receivers in my house.

If I wanted to add a third receiver, could I just split the line coming into one of the receivers?

You can have 3 receivers with an EA system (1000.4) but you can't "split the line". A separate RG6 coax cable has to run from the output @ the dish to the 3rd receiver. Hope this helps!

Ed

No. The system will not work with splitters. There is something called a separator, but we need more information on your setup. What model receivers do you have? How many coax cables are coming from the dish? How many to each receiver?

2 dishs might mean you have a 110/119/615 set up.

You sure you are using both dishs? Sure you don't have a k4 and the tech didn't take the old dish down?

Go to the system info an see what you have

It depends upon how many LNB's you have connected to the dish. A household can have a total of 6 TV's connected independently, so that's either 6 solo rcvrs or 3 duos.

I didn't get a chance to look at the dish on the roof last night but I remembered that I only have one active dish (1000.4). The technician who installed it never took down one of the old dishes so it's still up there.

I'll have to follow the coax running along the side of the house, but I hope I don't have to go up on the roof!

My system has two receivers: VIP622 and VIP722. Each one has one coax going into a separator (?) which splits into two coax lines both of which plug into the receiver.

It sounds like I can have three RG6 lines directly connected to the dish OR have a 44k switch? If so, how would I know if I have a switch and where might it be?

(I just don't want to climb the roof to run another line if I don't have to)

It depends upon how many LNB's you have connected to the dish. A household can have a total of 6 TV's connected independently, so that's either 6 solo rcvrs or 3 duos.

Actually you can have up to 6 Dual receivers which is 12 tv's on one account... But who's counting. :) But the Dish will only handle 3 duals without adding switches..

sofakng said:
I didn't get a chance to look at the dish on the roof last night but I remembered that I only have one active dish (1000.4). The technician who installed it never took down one of the old dishes so it's still up there.

I'll have to follow the coax running along the side of the house, but I hope I don't have to go up on the roof!

My system has two receivers: VIP622 and VIP722. Each one has one coax going into a separator (?) which splits into two coax lines both of which plug into the receiver.

It sounds like I can have three RG6 lines directly connected to the dish OR have a 44k switch? If so, how would I know if I have a switch and where might it be?

(I just don't want to climb the roof to run another line if I don't have to)

If you have a switch, it will tell you in the system info screen. To find that sw just simply follow the cables from the dish. It will be a metal box that all of the cables run into and out of.

With only 2 rcvrs you probably don't have a switch. Most installers won't install a switch unless it's 100% necessary.

If I don't have a switch and each receiver is connected directly to the Dish 1000.4 on the roof, then to add another receiver I'll need to get on the roof and make another run, right?

sofakng said:
If I don't have a switch and each receiver is connected directly to the Dish 1000.4 on the roof, then to add another receiver I'll need to get on the roof and make another run, right?

Correct. From the dish with no switch, it can run 3 dual tuner rcvrs. (I think someone already said this though) I'm on my iPhone and can't look back.

Actually you can have up to 6 Dual receivers which is 12 tv's on one account... But who's counting. :) But the Dish will only handle 3 duals without adding switches..

Oh yeah! Didn't account for the switch. Yeah, 12 TV's. Not so sure if they'd all independently show their own programming, but hey, 12 tv's is 12 tv's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts