How many Remotes do you have on your coffee table

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
As many as you see here I bet there ara a lot of crazy guy out there with more remotes, BUT NO cheating just post how many remotes you have working on a room,

Im not cheating as I use only one remote for both pansats 9200 and 5000

from top to bottom the reomtes

Dreambox 800Hd, Toshiba DVDRecorder, Sony Audio reciever remote, Pansat9200, Air Cooling remote, 4DTV remote, Sonicview 800 remote, Neosat remote, HR 23 remote, Sony TV remote

Attachments

• Remotes.jpg
    Remotes.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 251
Okay I'll bite. This is in my media center. :D This does not include my stereo system in there. This is satellite and tv related only.

Attachments

• REMOTES.jpg
    REMOTES.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 229
this is in the main room

from l-r
Directv
Dish DTVPal DVR
azbox
TV remote
HDD/DVD recorder (have 2 in the room...just one remote)
Coolsat 5000
3rd DVD recorder/HDD (Polaroid)
Analog C-Band receiver

Attachments

• PICT0073.JPG
    PICT0073.JPG
    892.4 KB · Views: 216
  • PICT0074.JPG
    PICT0074.JPG
    844.1 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
In the living room -
1 for the TV
1 for the Zenith converter box
1 for the DVD-VCR player
1 for the MercII and
1 for the antenna rotor

In the wife's den-
1 for the TV-DVD combo
1 for the SkyAngel box
1 for the VCR
1 for the Zenith converter box
1 for the VisionSat

And then there's 3 in the bedroom - TV, Digital Stream converter box and satellite box.

Oh yeah, there's also 2 in the kitchen - TV and the radio/CD player.

Right now 5, I put away the Prof 7301 remote this morning. Really the only time I use a remote is to turn on the Pioneer 1019 and shift inputs or when I blind scan with one of my boxes, other than that everything is controlled with my keyboard and mouse.

Bedroom:
622 remote
Mitsubishi HD1000U
Mitsubishi HC3800
WDTV
PS3 Slim
Yamaha A/V Receiver
Replay
Directv H20

HT room:
Mitsubishi HC1500
Toshiba HD DVD Remote
Denon A/V Receiver
Magnavox BD
Directv H20

Living Room:
Sony 40" remote
Sony BDP350
Toshiba HD DVD
Dish 622
JVC A/V Receiver
Coolsat 5000
Magnavox VCR
Replay
Directv HR20

Not many. Upstairs: One For All URC 8910 programmed for:
TV
TiVo (custom code for address 1)
DVD player
A/V selector
Shaw Direct/Star choice Motorola receiver (has custom setup codes for addresses 0 and 1, but only #1 programmed in service)
Sonicview 1000 remote (works with my SV4000)
A/V reciever

Downstairs: Star Choice Universal programmed for:
Starchoice receiver (address 0)
TV VCR VCR original remote for full functions.
TiVo remote.

Misplaced:
DVD original remote.
One For All URC8820, programmed for:
TV
TiVo
Starchoice address 0
RCA bookshelf stereo.

I have most of my original remotes in a drawer, with the batteries removed.

We have four, but my wife confuses things by thinking she can just take one downstairs and use it on the tv down there when she can't find the downstairs remote. They look identical, but they are not interchangeable. So we wind up with two rooms with neither remote working right. And lets not talk about cordless phones. I hear the phone ringing, but try to find that stash of phones piled up in some remote corner of the house under a blanket or cushions.

Two, URC 6131 programmed for:
Panny plasma tv
Drake 1724
Tivo
Coolsat 4000
GI 905
Pioneer HT

and the Azbox remote.

The originals are in the arm of my recliner.

Ebo

It was getting out of control.

I had:
TV
DVD
CS5000
XBox
Sound
VCR
a/v input selector
PC Remote

Now I have 2
URC-8820 programmed for everything
PC Remote - (some of the functions - ie mouse - cant be programmed properly into the URC-8820)

I have TOO MANY and I'm considering putting numbers on them so my wife knows which one to bring me, lol...
"Honey, could you bring me remote #18 please?"

She has often suggested a remote holster, if there's such a thing.

hehe I am with you!

I have TOO MANY and I'm considering putting numbers on them so my wife knows which one to bring me, lol...
"Honey, could you bring me remote #18 please?"

She has often suggested a remote holster, if there's such a thing.

Wow, ain't it the truth! I think everything I have has a different remote, even the heater has a remote..the air has remote...

in my man cave 9 remotes:

1zg9cvn.jpg

from l to r: DVD, VCR, DVBWORLD, ECHOSTAR, COOLSAT, RADIOSHACK 7 IN ONE (for tv, echostar, vcr), UNIDEN, TV and bottom row is my DELL XPS remote

Upstairs no coffee table but a total of seven. Hitachi rear projo, Express Vu receiver, Pansat 3500, DSR905(4DTV), Uniden Supra, LG DVD player, Yamaha RX-V795 home theater receiver.
I do have a harmony remote I bought for here but with all the switching back and forth between 4DTV and C-Band to move the dish it got pretty confusing to do it on the harmony. The Yamaha remote does control basic TV on/off function and will change channels on the Express-Vu but my wife prefers the actual remote for that. So all of these are used at one time or another.

Downstairs- That's my play area, a dedicated home theater with 92" screen.........and yes, all of these remotes do get used. In fact, there is one piece of equipment that is missing it's remote. It is a JVC 32" CRT TV hiding behind the projector screen. I use it for the analog sources for better picture. There will be more remotes once I get a HD FTA receiver but for now there are nine remotes as follows:
Kenwood AV receiver
Insignia Blu Ray
Sony DVD
Sony Beta
Pioneer Laser disc
Hitachi Projector
Sharp VHS
Sony 300 disc changer
Express Vu receiver

Attachments

• P5080021.JPG
    P5080021.JPG
    539.8 KB · Views: 166
  • P5080023.JPG
    P5080023.JPG
    542.8 KB · Views: 205
Wow, I thought I was the only one suffering from the "Remote Blues." There are only four on the coffee table, one for the TV, one for the Blue-Ray, one for the Philips sound, and one for the CNX Duo.

In the bedroom (My main place to watch TV) there are seven, a Legacy ll for moving the C Band dish, Magnavox DVD, CNX Duo slaved to Coolsat 5000, the CS5K, a digital for Magnavox OTA Digital receiver, and two universals (not sure what THEY do any more).

Photto

One logitech harmony on our coffee table. The others stay put up behind the tv and most have no batteries. Every few months, my uncle comes down and he has dish network. He wants the old dish remote becuase he has all the buttons memorized so I have to dig it out and load it with batteries. Harmony is a life saver for me (expecially the help button that fixes almost anything).
....and before anyone asks, this is not an advertisement. These things just work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)