How many subscribers will Dish lose to DirectTV Sunday Ticket?

Those of us who are at a football stadium most Sundays have no use for Sunday Ticket. With my locals, an antenna for the neighboring TV market through the Dish receiver (with EPG), ESPN and NFL Network I get all the football I can handle when my team is away.

Even if we had ST for free, I'd still watch Redzone instead, which is included in the Sports Pack for us Dish subs. That's one of the best channels on TV, in my opinion (when it's on, of course).

WOW! I though Michale White said the expense on programming was Direct's #1 problem they are prepared to make headway on. Hmm, now handing out NFL Season Ticket? ......... Season Ticket was ALWAYS a money loser by itself and was always about netting new subs, so it just means that Direct is willing to lose MORE than ever on the package, but still come out OK on the company's bottom line, or is it that because Dish does NOT have Sunday Ticket, they still have a good profit long after the notorious fee increases.

Alot of good stuff there. My only thought about making the price lower (with less extras) is that the NFL may be helping subsidize that decrease so it may not hurt Direct as much. But that said, I bet alot of posters have no idea how much a money losing propositon NFL Sunday Ticket is. It does depend on alot of subs as you point out, and as I mentioned with money not available for alot of people like in the past, Direct and/or the NFL saw the writing on the wall, and now have a lower priced package. I honestly believe it's to keep subs more, and hope that new ones sign up. I also believe Sports in general, and ST specifically is keeping Direct's price higher than it would be. I certainly can't prove it, but I have to think some of the cost of having ST is passed to every subscriber in the package prices. Ditto MLB IE by the way, that too may not be paying for itself as Dish can tell you.

My only thought about making the price lower (with less extras) is that the NFL may be helping subsidize that decrease so it may not hurt Direct as much. But that said, I bet alot of posters have no idea how much a money losing propositon NFL Sunday Ticket is. It does depend on alot of subs as you point out, and as I mentioned with money not available for alot of people like in the past, Direct and/or the NFL saw the writing on the wall, and now have a lower priced package. I honestly believe it's to keep subs more, and hope that new ones sign up. I also believe Sports in general, and ST specifically is keeping Direct's price higher than it would be. I certainly can't prove it, but I have to think some of the cost of having ST is passed to every subscriber in the package prices. Ditto MLB IE by the way, that too may not be paying for itself as Dish can tell you.
No one forced D* to pay the NFL the ridiculously high price for ST exclusivity. And, you can guarantee that there is no way in hell the NFL would ever "subsidize a decrease" in that contracted amount. It's clearly an attempt on D*'s part to maintain the ST subs they do have and try to entice new ones with the lower amount. After all, $199 is better than $0... ;)

Direct would almost have to double its' subscribers to NFL Sunday Ticket to make up the difference in the price reduction. Are they really hoping for two to three million new NFL subscribers.

Forgive me I was away all last week on vacation... but isn't that new price JUST for people renewing the NFL Sunday Ticket package and not for new NFL Sunday Ticket customers?

I'll venture to say that any sports fans, football ones specifically, would already be with D* and have Sunday Ticket if that was the programming they really wanted.

Forgive me I was away all last week on vacation... but isn't that new price JUST for people renewing the NFL Sunday Ticket package and not for new NFL Sunday Ticket customers?

New coustomers get it for free, as apart of the their commitment. Coustomers whom currently dont have a ST sub can get it at the new pricing as above.

ST is not like CI, EI, and LP where you get several nights and can get options that are spread out. They're all jammed together in a two timeslot band. Not worth it, unless you want to pay to see your out of market team. In the NFL I hate everyone other than the Patriots.

ST is not like CI, EI, and LP where you get several nights and can get options that are spread out. They're all jammed together in a two timeslot band. Not worth it, unless you want to pay to see your out of market team. In the NFL I hate everyone other than the Patriots.

That's funny. In the rest of the country everyone only hates the Patriots.... :D

I find NFL Sunday Ticket to be completely unnecessary now that we have RedZone. I rarely watch full out-out-market games. Instead, I just tune to RedZone and keep track of everything at once. I guess the only way I would ever subscribe to Sunday Ticket would be if I lived outside of my favorite team's home market.

since you cannot pay just to see just your favorite, and have to buy all of the ST, & all , & at 199 is still to high , that is why the internet make a favorable choice for some ,
i was happy going to an radio station on the internet on the south coast of New England , than the NFL started to block that, now i go to the internet to watch , NFL & live soccer , because i live on the west coast , & still am a patriot fan

Red Zone, while it is The NFL on ADD, is commercial free and you get to see just about all of the highlights. If your team plays at 4 PM, you may even get too see a good deal of the game. It does seem a bit better than ST, especially when looking at the price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts