How many TV's can you feed (with the same channel) from a Genie and from a Client receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

blizzard

Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
kansas
Currently I have a dish network vip722k with tuner #1 connected to 1 TV and tuner #2 connected to two TVs in different rooms sharing the same channel. 3 TV setup with only 1 receiver/dvr.

What is the best way to do this with a directv?

If I go with a Genie and a client receiver can I provide TV to up to 4 rooms if I share the same channels between them?

Are there both HDMI and active component video/rca audio ports on the genie?

Are there both HDMI and active component video/rca audio ports on the client?

If I wait for the new genie (HR44) will it offer me any advantages with this setup?

All ports are active on a Genie, I can only assume they are on a client. The premium channels are HDCP protected, so you can't use HDMI and component on them simultaneously.

You will need an rf modulator to do this too.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Not if he is only using the hdmi and component connections and the televisions he is connecting to have the same.

Currently I have a dish network vip722k with tuner #1 connected to 1 TV and tuner #2 connected to two TVs in different rooms sharing the same channel. 3 TV setup with only 1 receiver/dvr.

What is the best way to do this with a directv?

If I go with a Genie and a client receiver can I provide TV to up to 4 rooms if I share the same channels between them?

Are there both HDMI and active component video/rca audio ports on the genie?

Are there both HDMI and active component video/rca audio ports on the client?

If I wait for the new genie (HR44) will it offer me any advantages with this setup?

The clients take a special 10 pin adaptor. The only output on it is HDMI. You're best to go with an HD receiver vs the client to get this done. The client will work but I think then HD would be easier

What is the model number for the HD receiver? If it the one that cost $99 for a new signup instead of the free client?

By using a HD receiver will I have any extra tuners that can be shared? Can you view DVR recordings from the genie on the HD receiver?

If you go to SolidSignal.com You can lease a H25. The one Directv States for $99 could be a H23,H24,H25, one never knows what you'll get.
Since you don't have service and you want Whole home DVR with a Genie, You will more then Likely get the H25, But not 100% on that , you may not!

Either way The HD receivers will record and playback all the recorded content from your Genie system, but they will not Pause and rewind LIVE tv , or set a VOD.

They have HDMI, as well as the 10 pin Component cables like the Genie.

Actually you can pause/rewind from the H25 receiver with MRV, you just need to hit the record button before you hit pause and it will start recording from that moment,not from the beginning of the program like if done from the genie ( and I assume client) .

Since they are still going to charge you the same monthly fee for a client as they do for a receiver I would always choose the receiver and have that tuner on the Genie available for recording,not tied up because the other half is in the bedroom watching a NCIS marathon .

Actually you can pause/rewind from the H25 receiver with MRV,.
"but they will not Pause and rewind LIVE tv " And even if you Hit record, you must go into the List and select the recording you want to play back. Its not a matter of Hitting the record button and you can instantly rewind on a H25. Cause you can't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)