How many voices do we have??

jsanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
How many voices do we have? Will you help?

Is it possible for our friendly, neighborhood moderator to sticky this poll?

The idea behind this forum is simple, we want to make a difference with Dish. I think we want our voices heard. I think we want to have a constructive relationship with Dish Network. I think we would like two-way communication.

In order to be effective, we obviously need to have some structure. A few of us, myself included, have tried starting polls asking about what is important to us.

I have been thinking about it, and I think this particular poll might help us to get some traction.

We need to know how many of there are. If we want to flood the lines during the charlie chat with a specific question, how many of us are there? If we want to simultaneously call the CSRs one night to complain about something, how many of us can do it? If we all want to call our consumer advocates at the same time, how many of us will do it? It doesn't matter as much for what we decide to do, but the number of people there are will limit what we can do. If there are only 50 people, doing a coordinated targeting of Dish CSRs won't get E*'s attention. But 50 people simultaneously calling their consumer advocates might get some attention.

How many of us are there? Are you willing to help? The results of this poll should give us some sort of an estimate. Lurkers are welcome, your name won't show up in the poll.

I guess email, or letter writing might be good options too.

In this case, it appears that silence (or lurking) indicates a 'no' answer for this poll.

jsanders,

I'm not sure what you are looking for with this poll. I would expect the people who just read the post to not participate in the poll.

I think some sort of solidarity is essential if we're going to have any impact on Dish. It's obvious from the responses I and many have received from them that individuals are NOT having much effect.

If it's going to work though, we've got to find some common ground and also be willing to support others even if it doesn't directly effect us. For example some might have mostly only HD concerns while others maybe only specific receiver issues and still others DVR complaints or NBR, etc. If we stay separate and are only willing to voice concerns for our particular individual issues then it won't work.

If we can establish something, we'll also need a way to sometimes communicate with each other beyond the eyes of the general forums, maybe private messages.

That's my take on it.
WaltinVt

I couldn't agree with you more waltinvt\! That is what it is all about.

I have the 921, and my main concern is free OTA guide data that works in all DMAs with sub-channels working. However, if this is to work, I need to be able to support those people with other receivers than mine. If they have an issue or concern different than mine, they need my support just as much as I need theirs.

If we had a enough people willing to voice their concerns in each group then we wouldn't need each other's support.

i wonder if there is a way to tell how many regular members come to this site instead of just the amount of people who have signed up but never come back.

korsjs said:
i wonder if there is a way to tell how many regular members come to this site instead of just the amount of people who have signed up but never come back.

That is a very good question.

It seems that this forum has lost some steam since it was started a little while ago.

First off I want to point out that the format of the Dish Network Users Group will be changing in the near future, at the moment it is just a random posts, soon it will have a group of leaders and a more structured format.

Second we have close to 17,000 registered members. 46% of them have posted at least 1 time. And 64% of them have logged into the site in the last 2 months. Those are very impressive numbers.

Stay tuned more coming. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
First off I want to point out that the format of the Dish Network Users Group will be changing in the near future, at the moment it is just a random posts, soon it will have a group of leaders and a more structured format.

Second we have close to 17,000 registered members. 46% of them have posted at least 1 time. And 64% of them have logged into the site in the last 2 months. Those are very impressive numbers.

Scott, I can't wait to see if we can get some traction here... Obviously, I am biased that way though.

64% of 17,000 (10,880) people logged in in the last two months is impressive. I think we would be in really good shape if we could get 1,000 to 1,500 people willing to work together and write an email or make a phone call in an organized fashion now and then. So far, we have 30.

Let's hope that number will grow in the future!

Scott Greczkowski said:

Stay tuned more coming. :D

those are good numbers. i have been wondering what they are for some time. those numbers, i believe, would make a difference. GO SATELLITE GUYS.

Scott Greczkowski said:

i think this is a very good idea. i made this suggestion in the sticky at the top of this page when this board first came into play. definetly need someone removing the post that should be in the regular dish section.

I’m not a BIG time poster but I would be willing to call in to the CC or CSR if asked to do so.

Jim

I shall do whatever we need. I'm sure my post count is up there especially with the recent "Highly Innappropriate Material on a Kids Channel thread. You all just let me knwo and I shall do, for I want HD. ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, TNT, HDNET's, HBO, adn DISC are not enough.

However I must say that I will definitely partake in more than just HD converstation, as I am concerned with all aspects od Dish Network. And as for Scott's numbers, I come here soo much more than that. At least 6 times a day.

hpman247 said:
I shall do whatever we need. I'm sure my post count is up there especially with the recent "Highly Innappropriate Material on a Kids Channel thread. You all just let me knwo and I shall do, for I want HD. ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, TNT, HDNET's, HBO, adn DISC are not enough.

However I must say that I will definitely partake in more than just HD converstation, as I am concerned with all aspects od Dish Network. And as for Scott's numbers, I come here soo much more than that. At least 6 times a day.

I'm sure the forum will appreciate your help HarryPotterMan247!

Sorry, I sort of dropped the ball on our "discussion" on the highly inappropriate material on a kids channel thread. For some reason, I just got tired of arguing that one. Maybe other stresses of life weren't leaving enough time to do it. So, I apologize. Next time, I will make sure I take the time to tie up loose ends! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts