How much do I love DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

poptix

Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
This much:

directv.jpg

Yes, that's an old dual LNB mounting arm (screwed into an *old* PC that was the perfect height) with duct tape around it because the new one was too tall. =X

My problem is this: I can't hit 119 and 101 at the same time due to the width of the window I'm aiming out of. Anyone know if it's possible to use a second dish (on the same coax) to pick up the additional satellites? I believe this is done for some international satellites, not sure how well it would work for picking up 101 or 119 though.

Yes, you can use two dishes to get the 101 and 119, but it will require a multiswitch. Feed two cables from your 101 dish to the 13 & 18 VDC inputs on the switch, and then feed two cables from the 119 dish to the 13 & 18 VDC/22kHz inputs.

This much:

directv.jpg

Yes, that's an old dual LNB mounting arm (screwed into an *old* PC that was the perfect height) with duct tape around it because the new one was too tall. =X

My problem is this: I can't hit 119 and 101 at the same time due to the width of the window I'm aiming out of. Anyone know if it's possible to use a second dish (on the same coax) to pick up the additional satellites? I believe this is done for some international satellites, not sure how well it would work for picking up 101 or 119 though.

Damn :D

You may love her, but damn, she is ugly. My wife would look at me like I was the biggest idiot in the world and then give me about a minute to get it out of the house.

im with flyingj my wife would look at that then i wouldnt have to get rid of it. She would just grab it and throw it or me or both out of the house lol.

The plastic laying over the baseboard heat is most likly not a good thing. You must love D* more then your house. Hope you don't need heat!

I agree, and a part of me thinks all that was only temporarily setup just to take and post the photo.

I actually did the exact same thing back in the mid '90's when I lived in an apartment. The complex had their own cable system and would not let me have the dish visible. This was before my argumentative days. If the original poster was serious I recommend putting double sided tape around the metal window frame, attach the film, cut and then shrink the film with a blow dryer. You will never see the film.

I was in a rush to take a picture for someone that bet me I couldn't get it working and had not yet trimmed the excess plastic. It's standard winterizing plastic up here in Minnesota (with the double sided tape, shrinks when you wave a blow dryer over it).

It's in a small storage room in my apartment, my girlfriend was actually the one pushing me to hurry up and upgrade to HD so she could watch all her TV shows in HD =)

My only alternative here would have been Comcast, which quite frankly sucked when I tried out their digital cable package with HD last month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)