How much do you pay for cable/sat a month? (or who has the biggest cable bill)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reddog345

Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
List only the amounts for video service only, whether it be cable or sat (or both), plus taxes. Exclude any internet and phone bills. I'll start:

Comcast Digital Gold/w HD Channels ($86.48) + TMC($5.50) + HD DVR ($11.95) = $103.93/month.:yikes

Way too much! We just got the "everything package" and a couple hd receivers/dvrs and a reg. reciever. My wife won't tell me how much. I would imagine over $100 :(

150 digital channels and music for approx $35 per mo (part of package @ 75 per mo for cable/internet/phone) from a small local provider (Fiber to the premisis). Fee includes 6 Set-top IPTV boxes to connect each bedroom and livingroom.

DirecTV TC+ w/HD $62/mo ? (2 HD and 3 SD) 4 mirrors @ $5/mo = additional $20/mo
NFL ST/SF $FREE to us last season
NBA League Pass $179/yr?

DishNetwork

America's Everything Value Pak-America Top 250 (4 Premium) & Locals - $94.99
Three Receivers Fees - ( 6 TV's) $18
Superstations Package - $5.99
DishHD - $20.00
Total $138.98

How much do you pay for all of your services?

What do you pay for your cable/satellite, internet and phone? Please include totals if possible - am interested to see what providers people use for web and phone and the prices.

$74 + taxes/surcharges (approx $90 total) for 150+ digital channels and music, phone, and internet (2048 Kbps up/down) for 6 set-top boxes, and 6 hard-wired ethernet drops - local small-town provider.

RCN out of Lehigh Valley, PA

168 for their top tier package with HD/DVR
10MB Cable Internet
Unlimited Nationwide and Local Phone Service with Caller ID, Voicemail, and Call Forwarding

Cox telephone and internet = $70.46
D* TC+ and HD w/$10 disc. = 61.36
Total $131.82

Bright House Networks - Digital Phone + Internet (7 mbit) with Digital Cable (hbo/show/cinemax/starz/ ondemand) Basicly every channel they have cept the spanish tier

I pay 19.95 a month not includeing taxes after taxes its near 25$ or so depending on how many movies I order on PPV which is usally quite a few if their are alot of good releases..

I got Starz Encore for the year last year for $110.00

I got HBO/Max for 233.19 a year.

I got Show/Flix/TMC/Sun for 158.99 for the year

So I'm at $41.85 a month, I never have been over $40 but am now, find it a bit much just for tv.

Around $54 after taxes for internet (7000k/512k) and basic cable w/ ABC-HD, CBS-HD, FOX-HD, PBS-HD, CW-HD, NBC-HD, and 30 or so music channels.

OTA, Ku-FTA w/8PSK for the rest of my viewing needs.

EDIT: Added phone lines

VoicePulse unlimited US LD - $25
VoicePulse Open Access line (in another area code, line1 calls and callwaiting rolls to this line) - $5
FreeWorldDialup line - free
IPKall number in WA area code point to FWD line - free
GizmoProject (in another area code I need) - $3
VoiceStick (in another area code I need) - free
PremierPBX (2 numbers, beta testing) - free
VoipO (1 line incoming/outgoing, beta testing) - free
Freedigits (IA area code, why not? it's free) - free
Stanaphone (NY area code, why not? it's free) - free

Isn't VoIP fun? ;)

Last edited:
TWC with two premiums, two HD DVR's, HD package 155 total channels, internet, phone is $116/month. Dish with Superstation Pkg. and two recievers is $18.50. All American Direct with Distant's Nets is $11.50 a month. Total $136.00 month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)