How much does a DishPro Adapter weigh ???

The adapter has a wall wort connected to it, the adapter itself weighs about the same as the wall wort, so the whole thing weighs about the weight of 2 wall worts.

If you were looking for an exact weight in pounds & ounces I'm sorry I do not have an exact wieght but I would guess about a pound.

On a side note I can't believe Dishstore is getting $50 for a remanufactured adapter

Last edited:
$50 is actually not out of the price range for an adapter seeing how they retail for a bit more than that new. Retailer cost for a new one is that much and you are better off with a remanufactured ones because they are more likely to work. There was a lot of problems with the original DishPro adapters not working.

Stargazer said:
There was a lot of problems with the original DishPro adapters not working.

Yep that is for sure I changed out a lot, and still a few that have been around. Not so much anymore since most are going to a new receiver with the dishin' it up program.

Jordan420 said:
The adapter has a wall wort connected to it, the adapter itself weighs about the same as the wall wort, so the whole thing weighs about the weight of 2 wall worts.

If you were looking for an exact weight in pounds & ounces I'm sorry I do not have an exact wieght but I would guess about a pound.

On a side note I can't believe Dishstore is getting $50 for a remanufactured adapter

Considering our friends at DishDepot are asking $70 for new adaptors, $50 is not unreasonable.

One thing most people are probably un-aware of, until about a month ago the "remanufactured" adaptors where actually brand new. I had to sell them as remanufactured units since it said it on the box. I could have passed them off as new, but I did not need someone getting their order and then complaining that I ripped them off. Better to sell a product as remanufactured and ship a new one, than sell a product as new and ship a remanufactured one.

But why should anyone pay $70 when a remanufactured one does the same thing and still carries a full 1 year warranty? Afterall when you open it, its just a 1.5 inch by 2 inch circut board.

As far as the weight, I have shipped enough of them to know the UPS Weight is 2 pounds. The adaptor weighs less than 1 pound, but by the time you add the packaging matterials its just over a pound which UPS makes you round up to 2 pounds.

When I posted that I was not trying to imply that Dishstore or anyone else was overcharging anyone, please do not take it that way.

I was just suprised that they are $50 each. Dish sent me 2 of them, a DP quad, a dp34 switch, & a 721 all for $ 250 when they were doing the 721 deal out of the exec. office a few years back, I guess I am just realizing how much equipment they had sent me for free.

Please don't take it the wrong way, I was just suprised that those little buggers are that expensive.

Jordan

I would think with the high rate of these that did not work out of the box that the remanufactured ones would be better because they been tested but then again the remanufactured receivers from Dish Network had a lot more issues some needing a replacement receiver two or three times before getting a good one (or a new one). There's probably less to go wrong with the adapters.

It weighs 15 ounces and I shipped it via USPS because it was about half the cost as what UPS charges. UPS is usually cheaper for shipping items but for lightweight small items its cheaper to go USPS. If you do not get insurance going through USPS you will be sorry, they will lose (STEAL!!!) your item EVERY DANG TIME!!! I hope someday they lose one of my insured packages so that I can get some of my money back from what they have lost on me in the past. UPS has NEVER EVER lost a package in my 7 years dealing with them. USPS loses (steals) two packages in a year's time and I do not even use them that much. About half the time their losing (stealing) my stuff. Other times I get mail that is opened or it takes a month for a peice of mail to go 40 miles. Something is really wrong with the USPS.

Stargazer said:
I would think with the high rate of these that did not work out of the box that the remanufactured ones would be better because they been tested but then again the remanufactured receivers from Dish Network had a lot more issues some needing a replacement receiver two or three times before getting a good one (or a new one). There's probably less to go wrong with the adapters.

It weighs 15 ounces and I shipped it via USPS because it was about half the cost as what UPS charges. UPS is usually cheaper for shipping items but for lightweight small items its cheaper to go USPS. If you do not get insurance going through USPS you will be sorry, they will lose (STEAL!!!) your item EVERY DANG TIME!!! I hope someday they lose one of my insured packages so that I can get some of my money back from what they have lost on me in the past. UPS has NEVER EVER lost a package in my 7 years dealing with them. USPS loses (steals) two packages in a year's time and I do not even use them that much. About half the time their losing (stealing) my stuff. Other times I get mail that is opened or it takes a month for a peice of mail to go 40 miles. Something is really wrong with the USPS.

Actually its the other way around. Around Christmass time I had UPS Loose (2) 942 receivers. Good thing I had insurance because they where pretty fast processing my insurance claim and I had a check in less than 2 weeks!!!

As far as USPS is concerned, I wouldn't even bother messing with their insurance. I used to buy it all the time, but what you don't know is when you do have a claim they make it very difficult for you to get paid.

I'll give you a perfect example, I had a customer I shipped a Model 6000 Via USPS Priority Mail. I put insurance on it and everything. When the guy got it he claimed that someone had opened the package and removed the smart card. No problem right?

First of all to get any type of compansation from the post office, you have to physically go to the post office and speak with one of the supervisors. The supervisors aren't in all the time, you got to catch them between like 11am and 3pm or I believe you can make an appointment. Then as the shipper, you can't even initiate a claim, it has to be done by the person receiving the package. Ofcourse being a good business man I sent the guy a replacement card immediatly, and since the customer was good on his end he never went to the post office to file my claim.

To be honest, I just self insure everything myself. Everything we send via post office is under $20 anyways, so if it never arrives or arrives damaged we saved enough money not paying for insurance we can afford to just send out a replacement.

Other than that, anything over 1 pound goes UPS Ground since the rate is within a dollar or 2 anyways. Many times I'll charge a customer $3.85 for Priority mail, and pay the extra $2 to send it UPS Ground to save a trip to the post office!

But besides this issue around Christmass, I never ever had a problem with UPS in over 3 years!

I had an issue with UPS around Christmas. I had two receivers taped together and they got seperated but they found it quickly. It did not have the label on it but somehow they found it and got it to the same place. They also do not guarantee delivery within a specific time around Christmas. The place I shipped from did not have the notice up of this and UPS says that they are responsible to do that. Someone was wanting their item by Christmas and I dont think they got it all by that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts