How much does Cinemax cost per month??????

jdr01930

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2005
Gloucester, MA
I've been poking around on the Dish Network site for 10 minutes now and I can't find this simple bit of info (without starting the whole purchase/config crap).

I got the Cinemax for a penny for a year deal almost a year ago and just wanna know how much it will cost after the promo period is done.

What's the monthly charge for Cinemax?

I feel like this is a stupid question but I can't find the info and don't want to deal with phone call/hold time etc.

I've got the AT100 package with HD (HD Bronze I guess it's called now)

I've been poking around on the Dish Network site for 10 minutes now and I can't find this simple bit of info (without starting the whole purchase/config crap).

I got the Cinemax for a penny for a year deal almost a year ago and just wanna know how much it will cost after the promo period is done.

What's the monthly charge for Cinemax?

I feel like this is a stupid question but I can't find the info and don't want to deal with phone call/hold time etc.

I've got the AT100 package with HD (HD Bronze I guess it's called now)

Ijdr01930 Hi,

If I were to add it to my HD Absolute package there web site says $12.99 yours may be different but I doubt it..

Plazz

Please Take navychop's advise below as you are not adding just continuing.. Thanks navychop!!!

Last edited:
I believe the deal will self renew for a second year at a penny. You probably don't have to worry about this for a while.

$12.99 - cool thanks. I'll probably cancel.

Navychop - I signed up for that paperless billing/get cinemax for a penny incentive deal.
Are you saying I'll get a second year for a penny?
I thought/assumed it was just one year. I signed up on Jan 22 2008 and I'm assuming if I do nothing it goes up to 12.99/month after Jan 22, 2009...??

Ok - I'll take another year for a penny then!

I'll just keep an eye on my bill... If we get charged a penny, then you guys are my heroes once again.
We've actually enjoyed having Cinemax, and $12.99/mo would be fair, but we can't justify paying for that and Netflix.
Discussed it with the wife and we both agreed if we gotta pay full price, Netflix wins.

Edit - Just found another recent thread where the penny deal is being discussed:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/159439-cinemax-01-deal-renewable.html

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they said one year when I signed up. No mention of auto renewal.
My online account says "1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation "
Again, no mention of renewal.
If it auto-renews for another year, cool. If not, no biggie as I wasn't expecting it to.
Sounds like different people were told different things - maybe the promotion was tweaked a few times (and of course there's the usual CSR roulette.)

Mine just auto renewed for a second year for a penny in December, no call / request required in my case.

When I signed up for it, the CSR told me that Cinemax would be automatically canceled from my account when the promotion expires...and that if I wanted to keep Cinemax after the promotion expired I'd have to call in and request that. Also told me it was for one year...no mention of a renewal for a second year.

I'm not gonna hold my breath on the auto cancel.

I wouldn't either.

When/if it goes up over a penny, I cancel. I think I've only watched it once.

When i first got it the csr told me it was for 2 years. That was 12-07.

I took advantage of the deal in December of '07, following a posting about it here. My latest bill is one penny higher than usual, for the Cinemax renewal.

I'm trying to cut costs...would love to drop HBO and pick this up, but I'm hoping to move soon and don't want to commit to DISH for two years.

Am I just reading that wrong on the website? I've never seen anybody mention it before.

Wasn't the deal for 1 year with Autopay and 1 year for paperless billing? Hence the 2 years.

I don't think so as you needed both for this deal in the first place. So..

Cinemax cost one twelfth of a cent per month. :D

BTW.. My second year just renewed automatically a few weeks ago. Just before I was going to call to renew but wha-la.. it was already done.

I signed up for the cinemax 1 cent deal.I called today to see when my promotion was up.The csr told me that it ended in June of ths year.Do you think that I need to call back before June to renew it for another year, or do you think that it will renew for another year automatically?The csr rep told me that it would go back to regular price.Perhaps he doesnt know what he is talking about.Any suggestions?:D

If u have 2 or 3 DVRS in ur house...sing up for.. call DDA,means .. "dish DVR advantage"..Then any Premium channels would be $10.00 each a month insted &12.99, Plus U save $5.00 a month on 2 or 3 DVRS in ur account!! For ur cinemax, When ended, cancle it & and re-sing for one more year as penny cost ! Dish still offering it in web site ,So call them, Deal & Singing up for cniemax for penny is good ONLY for a one year!

Last edited:
I only have 1 dvr .But I will cancel Cinemax right before ithe promotion expires and sign up again on website. Thanks:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)