No Fox HD in NY?

The station's website did have a message up saying the HD feed was down, but it has now been taken down. So maybe they fixed it and it's possible Dish hasn't switched back over to the HD feed.

It's been like this for days...I don't think the Dish engineers switched it back....might have to call in to see what's going on

Yes, well, it's strange.

There was a message at the bottom of the screen to the effect that WNYW was being brought to you by Channel 9 in NY. Again, on FIOS it was HD and there was no such message. Then about halfway through Hell's Kitchen the message went away but it was still in SD. The 10 O'Clock News was also in SD.

Again, since Channel 5 WAS in HD all the way through on FIOS I don't know what went on with Dish. As a matter of fact I haven't checked this morning yet, for all I know it STILL is in SD. :)

Thursday morning and channel 5, local for Fox here in lower NY, is still not back to HD. I hope this is corrected soon. If I knew who to call, I would.

Thursday morning and channel 5, local for Fox here in lower NY, is still not back to HD. I hope this is corrected soon. If I knew who to call, I would.

Yup. As I say, a Dish issue (it appears), as 5 is now and has been, all the way through, HD on FIOS.

The message that WWOR is bringing you WNYW is curious, however.

"WNYW FOX-5 at a slightly reduced coverage pattern due to some equipment failures at our transmitter site. We are waiting on equipment to arrive that will restore full operation. We appreciate your patience during this time and your loyal viewership of our Station. During this time we’d like to point out that you should be able to receive 5.2 which is the Standard Definition channel for FOX-5 which carries the same programming as 5.1. WWOR on 9.2 is carried by the WNYW transmitter as part of the 5.1 signal so that would make sense if it is missing along with 5.1. We hope to be able to increase coverage by this weekend.

Al Shjarback

WNYW / WWOR TV"

Go this from a post at the NYC OTA forum (AVSforum.com), posted by tahoejoe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts