How much does the Welcome Package cost?

go_cp said:
Is welcome pack considered to be a qualifying package (like International Basic) to subscribe to International package only?. The International Basic package offered is quite useless.

No. You can add certain services to it but many such as BBMP or Epix cannot be added. You can, however, add Encore. I think the Welcome Package is a pretty good lineup for only $15 month.

No. You can add certain services to it but many such as BBMP or Epix cannot be added. You can, however, add Encore. I think the Welcome Package is a pretty good lineup for only $15 month.

At one time, Blockbuster @ Home could be added to the Welcome Pack. I do not get why Dish does not allow it since that would be an extra $10/month per sub willing to sub to it. Blockbuster @ Home contains the following SD only currently: Encore Suspense, Starz Cinema, MoviePlex, Sundance Channel, and World Fishing Network (although it was once offered in HD--not to open a can of worms). Although Dish carries the HD version, the following channels are available in SD through Blockbuster @ Home, Hallmark Movie Channel, EPIX1, EPIX2, and PixL.

In addition, I do not get why Epix a la carte for $7/month is not an option allowed since Epix 1, Epix 2, and Epix Drive-In are in SD. I believe Epix 3 is currently only HD. However, Epix 1, Epix 2, and Epix 3 are included in Blockbuster @ Home for $3 more a month. Epix Drive-In would be in AT250 and AEP. Epix a la carte is good only if you watch just the Epix channels and find nothing else appealing in the Blockbuster @ Home service to save $3.

MoviePlex and Encore Suspense are also in Blockbuster @ Home. Encore Movie Pack, on the other hand, is half the cost of Blockbuster @ Home, and includes:
341 Encore West
342 Encore Westerns
343 Encore Action
344 Encore Suspense
345 Encore Drama
346 Encore Love
377 MoviePlex
(340 Encore SD or/and HD and 347 Encore Family are not included in the Encore Movie Pack. 340 Encore SD is only in Starz while 340 Encore HD is in both Starz, AT250, and AEP. 347 Encore Family is available in AT250 and AEP.)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)