How much does the Welcome Package cost?

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
My neighbor disabled from heart problems had to drop his Dish sub due to financial problems. He asked me to come over and help him get some local tv with rabbit ears he bought. I was only able to lock in one channel. I suggested the welcome package and he is interested, but I'm having trouble finding any info on channels and current pricing.

yep one of the best deals out there even if you really only want locals
There use to be a locals only option but it was 11.99 (5.99 for locals + 6.00 no base programming fee) but that is long gone

Welcome Pack is 14.99 and has locals (in HD too if you have a HD receiver and a dish to get them) + some extra channels.

yep one of the best deals out there even if you really only want locals
There use to be a locals only option but it was 11.99 (5.99 for locals + 6.00 no base programming fee) but that is long gone

Actually it was combined & reduced to $10 for the last couple years they had that option...as that's exactly what I had.
(+ I had supers & PI's)
Then when they eliminated that option, they forced me into Welcome f/$15, but gave me a $5 credit for 6 months.

locals are in HD (if available)
as Matt noted any add on's if there is a HD channel
freeviews that have a HD version

Why does the $14.99 Welcome Pack have channels in it like Bloomberg, Boomerang, Hallmark, MSNBC and Oxygen when these channels are not in the $49.99 AT120? Can anyone 'splain that?

Why does the $14.99 Welcome Pack have channels in it like Bloomberg, Boomerang, Hallmark, MSNBC and Oxygen when these channels are not in the $49.99 AT120? Can anyone 'splain that?

It's just a selection of what's available in all the programming packages to give people a taste. It wasn't designed to be a permanent package people could subscribe to and isn't considered qualified programming for promotions.

I guess they had to figure out a package that they could dump MSNBC into since they have one of the lowest ratings..

Welcome Pack is 14.99 and has locals (in HD too if you have a HD receiver and a dish to get them) + some extra channels.

Myself if you have the equipment I came to the conclusion that the Family Package for 24.99 was a much better deal as it gave me better channel selection.

Hi,
I currently have the America's Top200 package with the Blockbuster@Home 1 disc deals and DVR service. I have an HDDVR receiver.
My hours at work were cut in half and I was wondering if I would be able to change my package to the Welcome package?
If so, could I still pay the $10.00 a month to get the Blockbuster@Home package with the HD channels it offers and still pay the $6.00 for DVR service?

Thanks,
Dave

I made the switch to the Welcome Package and, while I get the HD local channels( example, channel 10 and channel 10HD), I don't get an HD picture with the channel. I get the black bars on the side. HD sample channels like the Sony Movie Channel are in full HD. Is there a reason for this?

I made the switch to the Welcome Package and, while I get the HD local channels( example, channel 10 and channel 10HD), I don't get an HD picture with the channel. I get the black bars on the side. HD sample channels like the Sony Movie Channel are in full HD. Is there a reason for this?

I am thinking of one of three things right now:

(1) You do not have an HD receiver (which I would doubt is the case).

(2) Your local channel may be putting the black bars on the side.

(3) You may have accidentally pressed the FORMAT button on your dish remote. Try toggling between the format options for the optimal setting for your HD TV.

(4) You have the incorrect resolution on your Dish receiver. Go to Menu, System Setup, and then HDTV Setup and select the resolution of 720p or 1080i.

Is welcome pack considered to be a qualifying package (like International Basic) to subscribe to International package only?. The International Basic package offered is quite useless.

The International basic package is not package in the sense of the Welcome Package,Top120 or the Family package, in fact you can't get it with one of those packages. You have to have a full International package, then add on the International Basic package. Actually many of us want the Basic International package, but can't because we subscribe to an English Core Package.