How much HD CONTENT are we getting?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Because any time someone says the words, it must be noted that it isn't an option.

God forbid if it isn't noted!!..By the way, what the heck are you talking about? You misinterpreted Vurbano's words in the first place. Your "note" had no bearing what so ever on what was being discussed.

Last edited:
Because any time someone says the words, it must be noted that it isn't an option.
You really dont understand what he said do you? He said he was going to drop the HD pak. Not HD access. Two totally different things.

I, for one, will not be handing out the extra five bucks. What bothers me is that D* might decide to just add one or two other good channels to that pack so that it becomes an almost have to have. For instance if they added Food Network HD or SciFi HD to that pack I would be in the position of having to make a real choice. Right now I don't need HDNet or MGM. I would have liked to have kept Smithsonian.

You really dont understand what he said do you? He said he was going to drop the HD pak. Not HD access. Two totally different things.
D* is rumored to be offering two packages come December 15th:
  • HD Access (mandatory for all MPEG4 capable lessors)
  • HD Extra (optional, requires HD Access)
HD Pak is the name that E* used until DISH HD came along combining the HD Pak and VOOM offerings.

When Hemi spoke of this before, it seemed to be in the context of having dropped the package before and insisting that it could be done now. This would seem to be in reference to HD Access as HD Extra doesn't exist yet.

I invite Hemi to clarify.

D* is rumored to be offering two packages come December 15th:
  • HD Access (mandatory for all MPEG4 capable lessors)
  • HD Extra (optional, requires HD Access)
HD Pak is the name that E* used until DISH HD came along combining the HD Pak and VOOM offerings.

When Hemi spoke of this before, it seemed to be in the context of having dropped the package before and insisting that it could be done now. This would seem to be in reference to HD Access as HD Extra doesn't exist yet.

I invite Hemi to clarify.

I agree, it needs to be clarified, however he still never mentioned HD access, and I took it to mean the HD"extra" when the free preview ends.

Status
Please reply by conversation.