How much HD CONTENT are we getting?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Absolutely amazing! I have been visiting these forums for a few years now and all the constant rant was more HD. Now that there is more HD (which will continue to grow) we are seeing arguments for dropping HD. It just proves forums are the breeding ground of whiners. But I guess that comes as no surprise to many of us.
No what it proves is D* is now looking for any way it can to bilk HD customers after saying no price increase. IF you talk to their reps even they will tell you that prices only go up when program providers raise them and D* passes them on. Until this month there was a reason to put up with constant repeats etc on these handful of channels but now most of their content can be seen elsewhere. Universal? Are you joking? They get there stuff from NBC, USA etc. Discovery theater? Most of that compelling content was AM chopper etc and it can be had elsewhere soon. When someone wants to start charging a fee for something it had better have compelling content. The HD pak and the HD access fee used to be rolled into one and it was worth it. Now I am not so sure. WHy do you equate value with whining? How is talking about an issue whining? IMO D* is making a big mistake. When a new customer comes in and sees he can get 100 HD channels just by paying an access fee or all of the premiums by subbing to the premeir pak, I think that customer is going to look at the oddball HD pak and laugh at it. If anything these channels should be part of the premeire package. But the problem is D*'s record for bilking HD customers ala ST HD surcharge. I mean we have to pay a 100-300 dollar upfront lease fee for the HD DVR, pay a monthly DVR fee, then pay an HD access fee and then pay another fee for this tiny group of channels? :rolleyes:

Its a choice that one has to make. I agree that the HD Pak is well, on its way to being useless. I for one don't watch those channels. I think that D* will probably see an increase in their HD sub base now with all of this HD, people will sign up for the Pak basically out of confusion and then some will catch on that those channels may not be worth the extra charge and end up dropping it.

Its a choice that one has to make. I agree that the HD Pak is well, on its way to being useless. I for one don't watch those channels. I think that D* will probably see an increase in their HD sub base now with all of this HD, people will sign up for the Pak basically out of confusion and then some will catch on that those channels may not be worth the extra charge and end up dropping it.
It sorta highlights how significant this month has been. before October 2007 the HDpak was priceless, had to have it. After October 2007???? Not the case anymore.

this is the kind of thread im looking for.

has there actually been anything in hd on the channels d* added

so far i know of baseball on tnt, the graphics on the weather channel, some cnn shots

and I guess now a movie on usa...
:idea: Of course I haven't had alot of time to watch the stations yet.. I've been out of town for the past few day.. but I will be returning to it soon.

It sorta highlights how significant this month has been. before October 2007 the HDpak was priceless, had to have it. After October 2007???? Not the case anymore.
hard to say for me, I am waiting to see the content for MGM, whether it will include commercials or be uninterupted movise. One Uninterupted MGM may be better than 10 Stars, IMO.

Absolutely amazing! I have been visiting these forums for a few years now and all the constant rant was more HD. Now that there is more HD (which will continue to grow) we are seeing arguments for dropping HD. It just proves forums are the breeding ground of whiners. But I guess that comes as no surprise to many of us.

I haven't been here but a couple of months but it doesn't take long to see those individuals that are here for no over reason but to stir up the pot. Whine, critisize,,, whatever it takes to stir things up. You find it on every forum, only difference is there are forums where these individuals are promptly removed. It doesn't seemto be the case here unfortuantely, So whine away children :river: ,,,, I got some HD to watch! :cool:

Robin

I haven't been here but a couple of months but it doesn't take long to see those individuals that are here for no over reason but to stir up the pot. Whine, critisize,,, whatever it takes to stir things up. You find it on every forum, only difference is there are forums where these individuals are promptly removed. It doesn't seemto be the case here unfortuantely, So whine away children :river: ,,,, I got some HD to watch! :cool:

Robin
Jeeeez, from Vurbano's first post regarding this he was questioning that after there are 100 channels in HD would it be worth paying for an additional 6 in the HD pack, I did not detect any whining whatsoever, I saw it as him making a value judgement. Why does it need to come to name calling and degrading ones opinion just because you do not agree with that point of view? In my opinion one that usually degrades others opinions by name calling is suffering from a lack of self confidence.

I think Vurbano's point about the value of the HD Extra Pack is a very legit point and I don't consider that in any way as a complaint. I'm most likely going to pay it because a few of the channel I believe I'll love (MGM to name one) but for five bucks a month it doesn't seem to be much of a value when your getting tons of other HD channels as part of your base package.

The bright side is that the package is just cheap enough that most people will get it. If it was 6.99 or even 7.99 a month I bet tons wouldn't bite on it. I'm not happy about this new Extra pak but honestly if I had a choice between having nearly every available channel in HD for an extra five bucks a month I bet most people would say "yes" in a New York minute. Free would be better but if we were asked this just six months ago or a year ago I bet everyone would be jumping for joy. At least that is the way I'm looking at this whole thing.

I know I'll just probably keep the package unless all the channels turn out to be clunkers. I have high hopes for the MGM channel, that could be the deciding channel right there.

!sadroll
Jeeeez, from Vurbano's first post regarding this he was questioning that after there are 100 channels in HD would it be worth paying for an additional 6 in the HD pack, I did not detect any whining whatsoever, I saw it as him making a value judgement. Why does it need to come to name calling and degrading ones opinion just because you do not agree with that point of view? In my opinion one that usually degrades others opinions by name calling is suffering from a lack of self confidence.

I guess you don't know Vurbano very well.:rolleyes:

Even with the HD Pack, the price-per-channel for HD has dropped so much lately, I don't see much reason to complain.

I might feel differently if I did not want the channels in the new package, but I especially want MGM.

Be aware that the Equipment Lease Addendum requires that you subscribe to the HD Access package if you're leasing an HD receiver.
I think he was talking about the HD PACK, which is different than HD access. HDnet, HDnet theater, ect. You do not have to have that

The demand was for more HD. It is abundantly clear that more "HD" channels didn't equate to significantly more HD.
Can i ask you you sub to? Thats the kind of thing you hear from E* subs when it comes to the new channels that D* has added. Then E* adds one and you go to the E* thread and its the greatest thing ever.

I think he was talking about the HD PACK, which is different than HD access. HDnet, HDnet theater, ect. You do not have to have that
I'm making no assumptions nor trying to put words in anyone's mouth.

The problem remains that there's probably as much (or more) compelling HD content in the HD Extra pack as there is in the HD Access package. I'm betting that's why they chose to keep Discovery HD Theater in the HD Access package even though it has no SD counterpart.

Can i ask you you sub to? Thats the kind of thing you hear from E* subs when it comes to the new channels that D* has added. Then E* adds one and you go to the E* thread and its the greatest thing ever.

Bingo!

E* sub, has never ever had a kind word for D*. Go watch your freakin TV HArsh, I still just don't get it with you. Are you trying to justify why you have E* instead of D*, it is your choice and no one has ever stated that you made the wrong one for you. I submit to the powers that be that this site's quality is being greatly diminished by the constant bashing of one Sat company or the other. Seems every post you make fuels this.

I'm making no assumptions nor trying to put words in anyone's mouth.

The problem remains that there's probably as much (or more) compelling HD content in the HD Extra pack as there is in the HD Access package. I'm betting that's why they chose to keep Discovery HD Theater in the HD Access package even though it has no SD counterpart.
Then honestly why mention it here? You have brought that up in another thread when it was being discussed and thats fine, but bringing it up here where it has no bearing? Just dont see why

Bingo!

E* sub, has never ever had a kind word for D*. Go watch your freakin TV HArsh, I still just don't get it with you. Are you trying to justify why you have E* instead of D*, it is your choice and no one has ever stated that you made the wrong one for you. I submit to the powers that be that this site's quality is being greatly diminished by the constant bashing of one Sat company or the other. Seems every post you make fuels this.
And thats why the war zone was added.

Status
Please reply by conversation.