How much is the Hopper upgrade costing you?

I just wanted to give everyone an update. Zach from Dirt sent me a PM to let me know they are investigating this.

This really needs to be escalated to DISH to have them retrain their CSRs on the CORRECT information to tell customers.

QFT. There could be a lot of potential business lost when incorrect pricing information is given to a customer, and that's a shame for something that you would think would be very straight-forward for them to pass along...

I'm not going to even try and defend Dish CSR's. (Except our Dirt) In the end Dish has to know this goes on. Even ruling out the troll posts, there are too many real ones that raise a Red Flag. I didn't think a CSR would tell someone there was $0 cost to upgrade, I apparently have to say I was wrong about that, it certainly seems like things are being said to get the sale. They may be poorly trained, but in the end it's lying.

The only thing that tempers this, I see similar posts at other forums. Obviously does not make it right. When my daughter moved to her apt couldn't get Dish, I called Comcrap and they were so evasive it was funny. Uverse I will say had much more direct answers, and all discounts etc.. were clearly laid out. She got that, now if only their picture and overall service was good, it's not particularly....

The fact that king3pj has the actual chat log makes this believable that it's happening. I don't doubt that DISH CSR's are mis-informed.

I have doubts. First there is no $0 fee. Second, when you signed did you read what you signed? You didn't have to "be on the hook" you had a choice to refuse or debate at that time.

I did look at what i signed and all the "paper work" describe was that i was getting new equipment and there weren't any dollar values next to the hopper and 2 joeys. The hoper was installed 1 HOUR after i made the order. then recieved the bill online2 days later.

I've lost all trust with DISH, so I'm perfectly happy with our equipment now. It's really had us focus on spending less time with the TV and more time with family.

Well in the grand scheme of things, I'd say Dish did your family a favor.

It comes down to misinformed vs. bending the truth vs. out and out lying. None are acceptable but the diference is misinformed is a training issue and the other two are ethics issues.

But I also have to agree that this goes on everywhere (not saying that makes it right). I recently had a Comcrap issue that had me go to their store 3 times because they kept giving me the wrong info and what they were telling me didn't work. Finally they suggested sending someone out free of charge since what they were telling me didn't work. Then the tech himself had to come back a second time because he couldn't solve the problem either. They then billed me for the call. When I called and explained all of that I got the old "well we will make the exception this one time but in the future you have to pay for service calls". When I told her not after they caused me to make three trips due to their bad info and plus they offered a free tech visit that took two times to resolve." She didn't have much else to say at that point.

It's not lying if you believe it to be true.
images

QFT. There could be a lot of potential business lost when incorrect pricing information is given to a customer, and that's a shame for something that you would think would be very straight-forward for them to pass along...

Which is why DISH should of had ONE upgrade price for everyone and not tried to pin them into 3 different customer classes. It is easy for a csr to quote the price if it doesn't change depending on so many different factors. What they are doing is setting up more false interactions with customers based on wrongly quoted price for upgrades and then the Bill comes due and guess what? It isn't what they were told and by the way, it's too late to do anything about it. This causes more disgruntled customers, who then churn and not before telling EVERYONE they know how bad a company DISH is, because they LIE and don't mean what they say. STUPID business practice that will be the undoing of DISH in the long run.:mad:

Which is why DISH should of had ONE upgrade price for everyone and not tried to pin them into 3 different customer classes. It is easy for a csr to quote the price if it doesn't change depending on so many different factors.
No, the reps should read the price displayed on their screen. Simple as that. The "so many different factors" is used to determine the price that's shown, of course. Read it to the customer, end of story.

Which is why DISH should of had ONE upgrade price for everyone and not tried to pin them into 3 different customer classes. It is easy for a csr to quote the price if it doesn't change depending on so many different factors. What they are doing is setting up more false interactions with customers based on wrongly quoted price for upgrades and then the Bill comes due and guess what? It isn't what they were told and by the way, it's too late to do anything about it. This causes more disgruntled customers, who then churn and not before telling EVERYONE they know how bad a company DISH is, because they LIE and don't mean what they say. STUPID business practice that will be the undoing of DISH in the long run.:mad:

I would like to see it that way too. It would make it so much easier but there are too many crappy customers out there that take advantage of things like that. You could easily treat everyone as equals if people were actually that way. Some people are just as greedy and deceitful as the companys most of us complain about. There are reasons why companys come up with these rules.

The things we complain about with Dish could be said about every company and pretty much just about everything we see in everyday life. Sucks how life isn't fair.

DISH corporate CALLS ME and offers me the Hopper for FREE if I will remain a customer, schedules install
DISH corporate guy says he will email me his information, never does.

I call the night before the install, "no problem, its in the notes right here that the upgrade is FREE"
My bill comes in, IM BEING CHARGED $300.

I call up, the billing people refuse to adjust it.
WHAT IS WITH THIS COMPANY????!??

DISH corporate CALLS ME and offers me the Hopper for FREE if I will remain a customer, schedules install

I call the night before the install, "no problem, its in the notes right here that the upgrade is FREE"

I can look into this if you would just PM your account information.

The guy from corporate who called me told me to call him directly when I was ready to upgrade. Will see what happens. I'm waiting for the ota module to be released before I upgrade.a 2/3 system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)