How much is the Hopper upgrade costing you?

My upgrade cost I was told was 299 for a hopper and Joey. I asked for a supervisor who got really nasty with me and said dish is giving you a great deal. Then I said no they're not. So I asked to be transferred to the loyalty department and was told the same price. So I just bit the bullet and set up an install date. So I see people on here are saying don't accept any credits from dish? I was charged for movie channels which I cancelled a month ago in advance , he did credit that charge and gave me three months free but that's without me even asking for either of those things.

GaryPen said:
It cost me $100 and a new two-year commitment. But, as my current account is only about 5 months in, re-upping the contract was no big deal.

I was worried they were gonna ask for hundred$ more, as I read in other threads that newer accounts wouldn't be eligible for the low-cost upgrade.

Which is what I have been told 3 times already. Upgrade cost is 300 cuz my account is only 9 months old.

ashutto20 said:
So excited I called Dish at the 800 # and got bad news...

I was told that if I have only one HD television that I am not able to get the Hopper per company policy...As I have a 622 and 211 I didn't think that this would be a problem...I figured cost would be the big issue...(CSR said there are roughly 14 milllion subscribers with a limited amount of Hoppers (around 300,000 he said) and that Installers are instructed to have a 722 in their van and if their is only 1 HD tv, cancel the work order and install a 722)

Can anyone confirm this for me??? I really want the Hopper and have had a bad few weeks...this just will top it all off haha

The joes do have composite inputs so if your second tv has them your fine or tint them into an rf modulator many decent tech is going to hook it up somehow as long as they can make at least a semi-permanent tv connection

$100 added to my bill...was not under contract so maybe thats why I got a good deal???...

Been with dish since '06...was eligible for upgrade to 922 for free before they pulled them...hope this helps

It blows my mind that I've been a customer for 3 years, paying 130-150/month plus occasional sports/ppv events and i am ineligible
yet a customer 5-6 months in has no problem getting the promo price having just received one so recently......

Did u start as a new customer 5months ago or were u already a customer? I ask because I am 7 months as a new customer and I was told $500 for 1H/3J because I received new equipment free 7 months ago. Makes sense but if you are the same then that is not fair.

I started with E* in Dec 2011. I was quoted 215.00 for a 2H/2J switch. Their pricing algorithm is unfathomable.

david_jr said:
Your monthly increase should only be $8. If my math is right you are paying $17 for 722 & $7 for 211 + $6 for DVR = $30. New setup is $6 DVR, $4 Whole House, 4 X $7 extra outlets = $38. Where does the other $20 increase come from?

I think what happened is when I asked what the impact on my bill would be they gave me the total cost of the fees and didn't subtract what i was already paying.

Basically if your account is not currently making them any money... No low cost equip upgrade... Pretty simple

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

That doesn't explain why people in their first year as a sub are getting the sweet deal, does it? Dish hasn't even recovered the acquisition cost from them, yet they give them a sweet upgrade. Something's off.

I suppose that with this thread and others with the same complaints, that 'aggressive' upgrade pricing is sounding a bit hollow? :(

When I read all the hoopla when the H/J was introduced at CES, I thought that the upgrade pricing might not turn out to be as cut and dried as Dish was leading many to believe. Unfortunately, it seems that it isn't.

Reading all of these posts is just maddening. There seems to be no consistency in pricing and the misinformation is rampant. One thing that really irritated me is the fact that CSRs weren't trained to provide accurate information on day one. This is a nationally advertised launch of a flagship product and the people taking the orders, especially on launch day, were clueless. I find it appalling that people have to contact a DIRT member in order to get a straight answer. Why can't CSRs receive the same training? Dish NEEDS to get with the program.

Programmatically, this should have been easy to accomplish. Link account classification to a particular pricing schedule.

The mystery is how the accounts get classified which is leading to some clearly unexpected results.

Just used the online chat and was offered the upgrade for $100 with no installation fee. New 2-year commitment. Install scheduled for Tuesday.

For the datapoint, I'm just over 2 years with dish, top250 package +HBO and Max, autopay.

$99 for 1hopper and 2 joey. Been with dish less than 3 years, but we also have all premium channels etc. I was told I got the low price because I was a long term customer. I have a feeling its more because I am a high paying customer.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

I tried text chat again and got yet another inconsistent price of $348. For the record I have had the the top tier channel lineup as well as HBO/Max/Sho/Epix right along.

That doesn't explain why people in their first year as a sub are getting the sweet deal, does it?

I'd love to hear some sort of response on this one. People who havent even "paid off" their current equipment getting the new promo price.

I've never written a letter to a CEO before, but it's worth a shot.

For what it is worth ... been w dish for approx 9 years through ATT bundled program..

I finally bit the bullet and ordered today for install tomorrow morning..

2 hoppers 4 joeys (sounds like 6 tv's is the max when leasing <<<< can someone confirm that ?)
1 slingbox adapter

Total was $ 99 out of pocket.

Joined the protection program for 6 bucks a month to waive install fees
Technician is taking the 622 and 722's so no shipping back

Had to sign a new 2 year but the 10/mo prorated penalty is actually very fair

Monthly bill is actually the exact same amount as before plus the 6 bucks addtnl for the protection program

Does that new 24 month commitment wipe out your previous commitment's new customer promos?
I checked MyDish, and no longer see the $25/mo discount listed anywhere. I can't remember if I used to see it in My Programming or My Offers. But, I definitely remember seeing it prior to the upgrade.

I PM'd Zach, who arranged the upgrade, to clarify the sitch. But, if I indeed lost approx $500 of monthly credits due to the upgrade, I will be an unhappy camper. And, I mean unhappy camper in the Jason Voorhies sense of the word.

I checked MyDish, and no longer see the $25/mo discount listed anywhere. I can't remember if I used to see it in My Programming or My Offers. But, I definitely remember seeing it prior to the upgrade.

I PM'd Zach, who arranged the upgrade, to clarify the sitch. But, if I indeed lost approx $500 of monthly credits due to the upgrade, I will be an unhappy camper. And, I mean unhappy camper in the Jason Voorhies sense of the word.

I think you're OK based on my last 2 days of almost, it seems, continuous calls to Dish about cancelled installations and phantom credits to my impending H/J upgrade. I've been with E* for about 3 mos and was assured several times that my AEP service, which is discounted by 25.00 in the first year would go up by 8.00, the difference between 17.00 current receiver fees and 21.00 for 2H/2J plus 4.00 for the whole home fee. My 25.00 discount doesn't appear in my online charges but does show up as a credit on the bill. We're either both OK or totally screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)