How Much is Too Much??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSS Fan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Minnesota
With Pricing Increases each year, the Cost of Subscriptions is rapidly rising. How much is enough for what you pay for Directv? I mean, will you pay $150 a month for TV??? What is your cap?

With Pricing Increases each year, the Cost of Subscriptions is rapidly rising.

What doesn't increase in price each year? I guess I'd like to see how rapidly prices are increasing vs. other things like cable, water, electricity, gas/oil etc.

Ya ok

I Know everything else is rising rapidly but I'm specifically speaking of TV Entertainment and how much will people say I've had enough.

I'd like to pay $29.95 but realistically prices in the $80-100 are too high if there is any alternative.

You have to look at the over all picture.
You can keep D*, if the price goes up past where you want to be, cut back on the movies, movie channels, sport subs ext.

Cable goes up as much, probably more than D*, DISH also goes up on a regular basis.

As you can see, prices will not be going down any time soon.

My price ??? I don't know, I haven't really considered it, I think I'm around $85 -95 p/m now.
I pay D* once a year, I get a bonus from work each Feb and use it towards my D* bill.
I HATE monthly bills !!!

Jimbo

I get bonus every qt.
Plus raise every 6 months, yes prices are going up for everything, but you are also getting raises from your employer every 6 months or once a year.

I get bonus every qt.
Plus raise every 6 months, yes prices are going up for everything, but you are also getting raises from your employer every 6 months or once a year.

When is the last time your work raise, equaled the cost of your living expenses ?

My raise each year is NOT the cost of living and I get paid pretty well.

You have to look at the over all picture.
You can keep D*, if the price goes up past where you want to be, cut back on the movies, movie channels, sport subs ext.

Cable goes up as much, probably more than D*, DISH also goes up on a regular basis.

As you can see, prices will not be going down any time soon.

My price ??? I don't know, I haven't really considered it, I think I'm around $85 -95 p/m now.
I pay D* once a year, I get a bonus from work each Feb and use it towards my D* bill.
I HATE monthly bills !!!

Jimbo
Thanks to both Uverse and Fios prices are coming down. Both are offering 24 mo. contracts with firm pricing for the 2 years. I got a call from 1 of my DISH customers telling me he was switching to Uverse and had calculated he would save about $75/Mo. on his bundled services.:)

Thanks to both Uverse and Fios prices are coming down. Both are offering 24 mo. contracts with firm pricing for the 2 years. I got a call from 1 of my DISH customers telling me he was switching to Uverse and had calculated he would save about $75/Mo. on his bundled services.:)

Only problem with that is the same that is always, they offer you a great deal to change providers, but once the promotional period is over you find that you are paying MORE than you were with your other provider.

2 yrs no addl cost in pricing IS a very good deal, if the deal is worth it to you, everyone situation is different.

Jimbo

Only problem with that is the same that is always, they offer you a great deal to change providers, but once the promotional period is over you find that you are paying MORE than you were with your other provider...Jimbo

That's when you switch back. In today's world one cannot not just buy it and forget about it. Recurring monthly services need to be comparison shopped on a regular basis.

With Pricing Increases each year, the Cost of Subscriptions is rapidly rising. How much is enough for what you pay for Directv? I mean, will you pay $150 a month for TV??? What is your cap?
My bill is $99 per month..That's it. NO HD here...Never will..Unless it's free. I am not paying over $100 per month for tv...I'll get rid of the satellite altogether....

My bill is $99 per month..That's it. NO HD here...Never will..Unless it's free. I am not paying over $100 per month for tv...I'll get rid of the satellite altogether....

Guess you best be getting out the OTA then, because free is on the way out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)