How much is your Hopper bill?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Right there with ya

SC20131119-162415-1.jpg

Rather sucks me with a Dish Tech ID can't get an employee discount because I don't work directly for Dish. Kinda BS if you ask me.

You can signup people while out in the field. Use your referrals, make the sale money & get paid to put it in.

How many times has a customers neighbor, friend, relative, etc asked you how they can sign up?

Play the system instead of it playing you.

You can signup people while out in the field. Use your referrals, make the sale money & get paid to put it in.

How many times has a customers neighbor, friend, relative, etc asked you how they can sign up?

Play the system instead of it playing you.

Right but this is a completely different subject related to what I just said. I do work for Dish but not a direct employee, IMO with a tech ID I should get a major discount but I don't. I can get referrals without doing this line of work so that is not what I'm talking about.

Right but this is a completely different subject related to what I just said. I do work for Dish but not a direct employee, IMO with a tech ID I should get a major discount but I don't. I can get referrals without doing this line of work so that is not what I'm talking about.

Maybe you should go bring that up in the portal and ask why.....

Even csr agents get a discount.

WOW! An employee discount like that is really something. Not like the "box store" I worked for for 13 months. After a year they gave you a 25 cent an hour raise. That is when I left.

RT

Attachments

• Dish worker.jpg
    Dish worker.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 134
Mine isn't too bad...

America's Top 250 $0
HBO/Cin/Sho/Starz. $0
DVR fee. $10
Joey $7
BB@H. $10

Mine is similar, wasn't gonna rub it in with the folks here...LOL

AT250 free
4 premiums free
Duo DVR rcvr (722) free
Solo HD rcvr (211) $7.00
BB@H $5.00
DVR service $7.00

It's $19 plus tax

Small incentive, because call center pay isn't all that great, no matter the position.

OTHER SERVICE CHARGES AND CREDITS
Carrier Cost Recovery Surcharge .99
Dish Network Service 108.37
TOTAL OTHER SERVICE CHARGES AND CREDITS 109.36 Detail of DISH Network Services
FOR SERVICE QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT 1-888-742-0240.
Description
LATINO BONUS
FROM 11/07/2013 8.50CR
TELCO BUNDLE
FROM 11/09/2013 5.00CR
AGENT 3 OF 3
FROM 11/09/2013 5.00CR
AGENT 4 OF 6
FROM 11/09/2013 5.00CR
ONLINE BONUS 12 OF 12
FROM 11/09/2013 15.00CR
OH GROSS EARNINGS TAX REIMBURS
FROM 11/16/2013 TO 12/15/2013 .20
BB@HOME - 6 MO (50% OFF)
FROM 11/16/2013 TO 12/15/2013 5.00
CINEMAX - 6 MO (50% OFF)
FROM 11/16/2013 TO 12/15/2013 6.50
JOEY RECEIVER
FROM 11/16/2013 TO 12/15/2013 7.00
JOEY RECEIVER
5 SUPERSTATIONS
PROTECTION PLAN
DVR SERVICE
FROM 11/16/2013 TO 12/15/2013 10.00
PLAYBOY
FROM 11/16/2013 TO 12/15/2013 16.00
LATINO BONUS
FROM 11/16/2013 TO 12/15/2013 17.00
AMERICA'S TOP 250
FROM 11/16/2013 TO 12/15/2013 74.99

About 7 years ago I just took one of our retail receivers home so I got my TV for free. Since then I wanted the latest greatest Dish had an I also moved to a bigger house with more TVs. I decided it was only fair that I just start my own account since I could afford it. When I originally did it I was just out of college and couldn't afford what I have now.

Earlier in the year I had the Everything Pack and my bill was about $160. I got tired of paying that much since most of the bill was just movie channels and they offered no savings in having them in that package.

Seems like this thread took a quick turn from "How much is your Hopper bill" to "How many of you are Dish employees?"

Seriously... I'm really happy for the employees getting discounts, especially the installers, since based on what I've heard Dish doesn't treat the installers right in many other ways, but is there really that much of a need to "rub it in" for us normal customers?

Then again this thread is really pretty predictable and for the most part played out. Base package prices are the same for most, it really depends on which package, how many receivers, what receivers, how many referrals, what kind of loyalty discounts, etc. one has.

As for the OP, I think he has a valid point. If you have four TVs (not uncommon these days) and Hopper/Joey, the only real way to get "under $100" as advertised is to be on one of the more basic packages and/or mirroring TVs in SD and no protection plan. Misleading advertisements are nothing new, though.

Also OP, you can remove the protection plan 120 days after activation (of the protection plan) with no fees. Then you won't be wasting money on it. If for any reason you needed service on your dish, etc. simply reactivate the protection plan right before you get the truck roll. Then, after 120 days you can remove it again (total $28, not bad really.)

Last edited:
As the guy who posted the original question, let me say thanks for all the replies. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing out on a secret discount.

Seems like this thread took a quick turn from "How much is your Hopper bill" to "How many of you are Dish employees?"

Seriously... I'm really happy for the employees getting discounts, especially the installers, since based on what I've heard Dish doesn't treat the installers right in many other ways, but is there really that much of a need to "rub it in" for us normal customers?

Then again this thread is really pretty predictable and for the most part played out. Base package prices are the same for most, it really depends on which package, how many receivers, what receivers, how many referrals, what kind of loyalty discounts, etc. one has.

As for the OP, I think he has a valid point. If you have four TVs (not uncommon these days) and Hopper/Joey, the only real way to get "under $100" as advertised is to be on one of the more basic packages and/or mirroring TVs in SD and no protection plan. Misleading advertisements are nothing new, though.

Also OP, you can remove the protection plan 120 days after activation (of the protection plan) with no fees. Then you won't be wasting money on it. If for any reason you needed service on your dish, etc. simply reactivate the protection plan right before you get the truck roll. Then, after 120 days you can remove it again (total $28, not bad really.)

Dude you always tell it like it is! You provide great info. Your a big reason why I got Dish. I'll give you a like as soon as I get to the puter. For some reason you can't on Taptalk Pro.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Dude you always tell it like it is! You provide great info. Your a big reason why I got Dish. I'll give you a like as soon as I get to the puter. For some reason you can't on Taptalk Pro.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Haha wow thanks! It's certainly my pleasure to chat about stuff like this. I know on my iPhone both Forum Runner and TapaTalk Pro have "view as webpage" modes, that's how I give out likes when I'm on the phone. The Android version of TapaTalk Pro probably has that too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)