How much to break contract with Dish

Richard Fuller

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Guys I want to find out how much it is to get out of the contract with Dish? I've heard maybe $200-250 dollars is that per receiver or just as a whole? I have 2 leased HD DVR and 2 receivers that I own.

In addition he may have to pay early termination fees to the retailer that installed it. That could be $300 or more since he has two HD DVRs.

On a related note, how can I tell whether I'm still under contract? I used a DishMover 12 months ago, so I don't know if my contract has expired or not.

So it's the $13.33 per month remaining plus the early termination fee? Any ideals on how much the fee would be or any way I can find out the exact amount?

Here's the move--call D* or your local cable company and say you are inquiring as to what their offers are. Then tell them you are currently under contract with E* and are considering switching over to them once your contract with D* is up. 95% of the time they ask you how much time is left on your contract so tell them. Then say you'd like nothing more than to be able to switch but the fee to break the contract is too much. More than likely they are so hard up to get you they will offer to pay the fee. Around here, the various cable companies have no problem with that and D* is doing it quite a bit as well.

On a related note, how can I tell whether I'm still under contract? I used a DishMover 12 months ago, so I don't know if my contract has expired or not.

I LOVE these questions................how are WE supposed to know?:confused:

Call DISH Network and ask them.

"gosh!"

Last edited:
I LOVE these questions................how are WE supposed to know?:confused:

Call DISH Network and ask them.

"gosh!"
I LOVE these answers... taking a simple question and making the answer more difficult than it needs to be. I wasn't asking how much time is left on my contract. I was asking how to find out, which you answered.

You had an 18 month committment.

You have used 12 months of that - you have 6 months to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)