$10 and $20 HD packs??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
So what channels are in each of these packs? Anyone know for sure?,I didn't see the HD only package for $29.99 on their website,Just the 10 and 20 dollar pack and it gave me no info. Anyone?

So if I got the $10 HD pack do I still have to pay $7 HD enabling Fee?

I would think you would not have to pay the HD enabling fee with the $10 pack. It would make no sense, as then you would only be paying $3 less than the $20 package. So without the enabling fee, the $10 pack is a no brainer for only $3 more a month than what you are paying for not having HD. I jumped on the HD free for 6 months last month, and I do not have to pay the enabling fee, so I am saving $7 a month. When my 6 months are over, I may switch to the $10 plan, depending on the channels.

All I can say about the new HD packages is awful, awful, awful. I was so excited when I heard that Dish was coming out with new HD channels today and when I looked at them I could not believe the garbage it was. Nation Geographic, The Science channel, The Golf Channel, HD News, HD Movies, Monsters, HD Net, Film Fest? Are you kidding me? Why do we need these horrible channels in HD? Where's USA HD, FX HD, SciFi HD? Then to top it all off you want to charge more $? Wow Dish you are going to lose allot of customers.

All I can say about the new HD packages is awful, awful, awful. I was so excited when I heard that Dish was coming out with new HD channels today and when I looked at them I could not believe the garbage it was. Nation Geographic, The Science channel, The Golf Channel, HD News, HD Movies, Monsters, HD Net, Film Fest? Are you kidding me? Why do we need these horrible channels in HD? Where's USA HD, FX HD, SciFi HD? Then to top it all off you want to charge more $? Wow Dish you are going to lose allot of customers.

i thought that dish already had those channels in hd. if im not mistaken they didnt add any channels today, just the packages

I do not see anything new as the way of channels just new packages

interesting note, if you look at the packages and count the HD channels you get 43.
but they still claim to be the HD leader.

Leader of what, the fewest channels for a higher price.

This is what thier FAQ says about the changes in 08:

We are excited to announce that we will have 3 new High Definition programming packages. DISH Network is constantly improving our technology to offer you the best in HD from sports, entertainment, movies and family programming. With 3 new packages, you can choose the best to suit your needs. And, DISH Network continues be the leader in HD at the lowest all-digital price.

I downgraded to the essential pack

I just called Dish and downgraded my HD to the essential pack. I have 3 receivers, two 211's and a 622 and the AT250 and my bill went from $93 to $83. I really did not watch all that other HD garbage (Voom).

camdog - who said anything about new channels? today was the day to make the new pricing packages available. there hasn't been any uplink activity to indicate new channels would be coming out. where do you get your info about new channels?

i doubt dish will lose customers by offering the same channel lineup today that they did yesterday. the fact that you have options as to how much you spend and how many HD channels you get may help increase/retain customers...

the $20 package is the same that we have had for awhile now. They just gave option for a less expensive, less channel option for HD.

Welcome to satguys Camdog916.

Your first post while expressive needs some help substantively.

The vast majority of subscribers don't care about HD at this time. The subs who do realize that for those who don't want to pay for VOOM, their wish has been granted and they can now drop Voom and their monthly cost.

Also, for those who are interested in ONLY national HD channels carried by Dish, a new package is available that drops all the SD channels, most of which were add-on fluff required by the content providers in order to get their popular channel(s).

Why is there no mention of the Voom channels anywhere in their HD info? I searched the whole site. The only thing I could find was a pdf file listing of channels.

On their website. Look at the HD Ultimate. The bottom row of icons. Second from the left.... what IS that one? I'm trying to list in TEXT because I can't read all of their icons.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. I happen to watch all of those regularly, except for HD News. And the Golf Channel that isn't really a channel, just combined with VS.

There's a pretty good chance that I'll go to this package and save about $60/month. Thanks Dish.

. So without the enabling fee, the $10 pack is a no brainer for only $3 more a month than what you are paying for not having HD. I jumped on the HD free for 6 months last month, and I do not have to pay the enabling fee, so I am saving $7 a month. When my 6 months are over, I may switch to the $10 plan, depending on the channels.
I get more now with D*,So to me the paying $7 is saving me $3 dollars. And I still get HBOHD and CinemaxHD having the enabling fee,so its not really costing me anything.But for some reason I wouldn't have doubted having the HD enabling fee on top of the $10 package. Its not uncommon for E* to add fee's on the dumbest things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)