$10 and $20 HD packs??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That's Equator HD
Thanks...

Here's what I have forHD Essentials:

---AT100---

TNT HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
A&E HD
NFL HD
History Channel HD
Discovery Channel HD
HD THeather
TLC HD
HDNet
HGTV HD
Food HD
TBS HD
Music HD
Big Ten Network HD

--- AT200 ---(add)

Animal Planet HD

--- AT250 ---(add)

Golf Channel HD
VS HD
Science Channel HD
National Geographic HD

--- All of the above have ---

5 Pay Per View Channels

--- And here is what you get for $10 more to have the Ultimate:---
HDNews
RAVE HD
World Sport HD
World Cinema HD
HDNet Moviees HD
Universal HD
Gallery HD
Monsters HD
NHL HD
NBA HD
Treasure HD
Ultra HD
Animania HD
Film Fest HD
Rush HD
Family Room HD
Game Play HD
Kung Fu HD

Now here's what I DON'T know...
When they finally add new HD programming. ... what if they toss them into the "Ultimate" package? Everyone downgrading to the $10 package is screwed... right?

Welcome to satguys Camdog916.

Your first post while expressive needs some help substantively.

The vast majority of subscribers don't care about HD at this time. The subs who do realize that for those who don't want to pay for VOOM, their wish has been granted and they can now drop Voom and their monthly cost.

Also, for those who are interested in ONLY national HD channels carried by Dish, a new package is available that drops all the SD channels, most of which were add-on fluff required by the content providers in order to get their popular channel(s).

Okay I am confused or too stubborn to really read into the new packages. So I have DT 200 right now and I can now drop Voom and have my prices lowered? I didn't think I had Voom whatever that is. Also I am interested in only national HD channels so what are those channels? Is it NBC, CBS, ABC or the TNT, TBS, ESPN channels?

Okay I am confused or too stubborn to really read into the new packages. So I have DT 200 right now and I can now drop Voom and have my prices lowered? I didn't think I had Voom whatever that is. Also I am interested in only national HD channels so what are those channels? Is it NBC, CBS, ABC or the TNT, TBS, ESPN channels?

That would be AT200 but you didn't indicate if you have the HD add-on package.

Dishes HD was all one flavor yesterday. Now you can subscribe to one of several HD packages, whichever suits you.

You really need to go do some reading on the Dish website. Did you sign-up for Dish and not really know what you are paying for?

Camdog916,

Please select Channel 9482 and tell us if you can see the television program. That will tell us if you currently have HD Pack.

Also look at the front of your DishNetwork receiver and tell us if it has the words "VIP" and "HDTV" on it somewhere.

That would be AT200 but you didn't indicate if you have the HD add-on package.

Dishes HD was all one flavor yesterday. Now you can subscribe to one of several HD packages, whichever suits you.

You really need to go do some reading on the Dish website. Did you sign-up for Dish and not really know what you are paying for?

No I know what I signed up for. I have AT 200 and I have the 622 VIP receiver. I signed up though my local telephone company SBC which kinda sucks cause I would like to go on the Dish website and be able to add and delete programing. Instead I have to call SBC.

I signed up though my local telephone company SBC which kinda sucks cause I would like to go on the Dish website and be able to add and delete programing. Instead I have to call SBC.
So ,Go to Dishnetwork.com and register. You must have a Dish account number. And you can't delete programming on their website ,only add.

All I can say about the new HD packages is awful, awful, awful. I was so excited when I heard that Dish was coming out with new HD channels today and when I looked at them I could not believe the garbage it was. Nation Geographic, The Science channel, The Golf Channel, HD News, HD Movies, Monsters, HD Net, Film Fest? Are you kidding me? Why do we need these horrible channels in HD? Where's USA HD, FX HD, SciFi HD? Then to top it all off you want to charge more $? Wow Dish you are going to lose allot of customers.
All you list but The Golf Channel are great whereas the ones you don't see are escapist junk.

And by the way they have all been there for years. How is it you didn't see them?

Camdog916,

Please select Channel 9482 and tell us if you can see the television program. That will tell us if you currently have HD Pack.

Also look at the front of your DishNetwork receiver and tell us if it has the words "VIP" and "HDTV" on it somewhere.

I went to 9482 which is HDNWS and I have it.

Also Hemi I can't register on Dish Network.com. I have to have a dish network account # and I don't have one. I have to call SBC-Dish Network. I have called dish before and they tell me they can not get into my account cause it is through SBC.

I went to 9482 which is HDNWS and I have it.

Also Hemi I can't register on Dish Network.com. I have to have a dish network account # and I don't have one. I have to call SBC-Dish Network. I have called dish before and they tell me they can not get into my account cause it is through SBC.
Thats strange. You must get a statement right? Who is SBC?

statement probably does not have a dish acct# on it. I know mine doesn't. I'm bundled with my phone company as well. My REAL dish acct# starts with an 8 and that somehow precludes us from having a dish account on line with Dish. I asked a CSR for my "real" Dish account number. Otherwise as a bundled customer we never see it.

Thats strange. You must get a statement right? Who is SBC?
Southern Bell Company, one of the "baby bells". It served me in Southern California until it bought AT&T recently and took the AT&T name. They sell Dish Network in my neighborhood but in some parts of the country they sell DirecTV out of there phone trucks.

Yes.... but some phone companies don't SHOW you your actual dishnetwork acct number when they bundle billing. I have mine in case I want to talk to someone directly at dish, but I had to ask what my real E* acct number is. And that account number can't be used to set up an online account. I have complained to Dish about this. When I bundled my billing I was told I am "still a DishNetwork customer" and yet I can't use the online account system .... even WITHOUT a billing information screen.... just.... weird....

Yes.... but some phone companies don't SHOW you your actual dishnetwork acct number when they bundle billing. I have mine in case I want to talk to someone directly at dish, but I had to ask what my real E* acct number is. And that account number can't be used to set up an online account. I have complained to Dish about this. When I bundled my billing I was told I am "still a DishNetwork customer" and yet I can't use the online account system .... even WITHOUT a billing information screen.... just.... weird....
And I bet you can't split your service without paying a huge fee!

actually... the billing bundle is for a year and that year is just about over with. I get a $5 credit every month for bundling the billing this way and considering the fact I never used the online account in the past for anything other than billing.... this is really not such a bad arrangement. I just get kinda tweaked when everyone else can go into their online account and look at equipment upgrade costs and I can't. I have to call. :)

. I just get kinda tweaked when everyone else can go into their online account and look at equipment upgrade costs and I can't. I have to call. :)
Its worth it! Directv you can do anything you want online! Dish is similar but they don't let you downgrade online ,and you can't see what your new billing is right away before you go ahead and add something. Directv's Online sevices is about the best there is. But I would go nuts if I didn't have access to my own accounts.

Its worth it! Directv you can do anything you want online! Dish is similar but they don't let you downgrade online ,and you can't see what your new billing is right away before you go ahead and add something. Directv's Online sevices is about the best there is. But I would go nuts if I didn't have access to my own accounts.

You can downgrade with the Dish chat online.

Close

Southern Bell Company, one of the "baby bells". It served me in Southern California until it bought AT&T recently and took the AT&T name. They sell Dish Network in my neighborhood but in some parts of the country they sell DirecTV out of there phone trucks.
It's Southwestern Bell Company. Here's the break out of the baby bells:

* Ameritech — (acquired by SBC in 1999)
* Bell Atlantic — (acquired GTE in 2000 and changed its name to Verizon)
* BellSouth — (acquired by AT&T Inc. in 2006)
* NYNEX — (acquired by Bell Atlantic in 1996)
* Pacific Telesis — (acquired by SBC in 1997)
* Southwestern Bell — (changed its name to SBC in 1995; acquired AT&T Corp. in 2005 and changed its name to AT&T Inc.)
* U S West — (acquired by Qwest in 2000)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts