Problems with 622

Camdog916

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I have the VIP 622 DVR and I have had problems with it ever since I got it. The first one I had lasted about 2 months before it died on me. I had dish come out and give me a new one. This one I have had for about 6 months and have had some of the same problems I had with the first. Ever month or two all of a sudden it won't get satellite signal. I call Dish and they run through a couple of drill. What fixed it was switching the connections between the 1st input and the 2nd input of my receiver. Then same problem called dish and was on the phone about 10 minutes just to tell me they can come out for $50.00 and fix my connection. I thought lets see if the input thing works again. Switch them and it worked. Does anyone know why this happens? I NEVER TOUCH my connections or receiver so I don't mess anything up and it still happens. Why?

If you don't have any other receivers in your house, I suspect you are essentially doing an LNBF reset by unplugging all power to the LNB when you physically disconnect the two lines. Your LNB may have a problem. Do you have a ground wire running down from the mast of your dish?

I have the VIP 622 DVR and I have had problems with it ever since I got it. The first one I had lasted about 2 months before it died on me. I had dish come out and give me a new one. This one I have had for about 6 months and have had some of the same problems I had with the first. Ever month or two all of a sudden it won't get satellite signal. I call Dish and they run through a couple of drill. What fixed it was switching the connections between the 1st input and the 2nd input of my receiver. Then same problem called dish and was on the phone about 10 minutes just to tell me they can come out for $50.00 and fix my connection. I thought lets see if the input thing works again. Switch them and it worked. Does anyone know why this happens? I NEVER TOUCH my connections or receiver so I don't mess anything up and it still happens. Why?

Had the same issue. What I found using the Point Dish Signal strength(Menu > 6 > 1 > 1). Set to satelite 129, switching between tuner Input 1 and 2, I would see a Signal Strength of 57 Wrong Sat - Name Not Aquired! Red Bar then the signal Strength drops to 0 then Signal Strength goes up to 34 green bar Locked. The other tuner shows green bar Locked - Name Not Aquired!, then the Strength drops to 0 then back up goes back up to 34 green bar Locked.

One of the tuners takes 2 or 3 times as long to lock up to EchoSar 129 West then the other and when that extra delay was on tuner 1 it caused that part of the circuitry to lock up or something and endless acquiring satellite screen till a reboot (sometimes it would take many reboots). Switching the connections between the 1st input and the 2nd fixed it for me too.

The inputs for the two tuners are stacked at different frequencies by the DPP lnb, so if you have a poor connection or your cable is not performing up to specs, the higher frequency might get dropped and your second tuner not perform as well as the other.