How often do receivers update?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jvmcdowe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Just got hooked up today. My guide doesn't seem to know some shows that are on tomorrow (blank for that time slot). How often does the system update to search for future show? I am use to dish where they update every night at 3:00. Anyone know? Also is there a way to just set a reminder for a show, not necessarily record it?

Just got hooked up today. My guide doesn't seem to know some shows that are on tomorrow (blank for that time slot). How often does the system update to search for future show? I am use to dish where they update every night at 3:00. Anyone know? Also is there a way to just set a reminder for a show, not necessarily record it?

If you just were installed, everything should be in with in 24 hours.
If you are talking about a HR20-700,-100, NO, seeing it is a RECORDER, no reminder funtion.

Jimbo

Does it matter if I have it hooked to phone line or not (for the guide)? How far forward can you usually search with direct (model R-15)?

Does it matter if I have it hooked to phone line or not (for the guide)? How far forward can you usually search with direct (model R-15)?

It does not matter if the phone line is connected for the guide info, that comes over the data stream.

I do not know for sure what the R-15 time frame is for far out you can go. I do know that the HR20's have a 14 day access period.
So you can go out 14 days after the initial 24 hours.

Jimbo

When setting up the R15 there is a screen that comes up warning it may take upto 48 hours to download programming information. D* unlike DISH uses a trickle download so it is constantly downloading information. Once the R15 has done it's initial download it will always have 14 days of information without shutting down to download programming information.

Like posted above, all DirecTV receivers are *constantly* getting guide data, 24 hours a day. R15 and all other DVRs are 12-14 days worth. Non-DVRs will be either 3 or 7, depending on if they have the advanced guide data or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts