How on earth do you get a client added to your whole home DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jamesroberts150

Original poster
Aug 4, 2019
WV
I purchased a C41-500 client from a 3rd party to add to my current system (HR54-200 currently with one client). It works great as long as I set it up to replace my existing client. I've called DirecTV 4 times, plus I've had a technician come to my house all who provided zero help. It cannot be that difficult to authorize a second client as the reciever itself is activated and works fine as long as I replace my existing client. Any advice would be welcome as I'm extremely frustrated and ready to cancel my service all together.

:welcome to Satelliteguys jamesroberts150!

I don't have an answer for you, hopefully one of the installers that frequents the forum can help you.

I thought it had been reported that if you have a DIRECTV account that has been migrated to a merged billing system it doesn’t allow for 3rd party acquired STB’s to be activated, they must come from DIRECTV.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I thought it had been reported that if you have a DIRECTV account that has been migrated to a merged billing system it doesn’t allow for 3rd party acquired STB’s to be activated, they must come from DIRECTV.

Hmm, that may very well be the issue here. jamesroberts150, does your account number start with a 2? I think the AT&T account all do.

Yup that is likely the reason why.

You might be able to call in and say you have a Samsung smart Tv with A built in client. I tried that once, just be prepared to give them the model of the Tv And possibly the MAC address.

The only other way to do it would be to have Directv sell you a client, which would generate a work order. You could activate your client and try cancelling the order after.

It’s a royal pain in the ass to activate anything with Directv lately unless it’s a commercial account.

Hmm, that may very well be the issue here. jamesroberts150, does your account number start with a 2? I think the AT&T account all do.
Or a 1 ...

So, does the same thing happen if you get one from say Solid Signal ?

I believe that SS is authorized to activate equipment, but things change.

Or a 1 ...

So, does the same thing happen if you get one from say Solid Signal ?

I believe that SS is authorized to activate equipment, but things change.

Solid signal isn’t authorized any more than I’m authorized to activate equipment.

If it’s an AT&T Account the only way is to generate a work order with an agreement.

Hint hint, many times you can go in the system and the customer qualifies for free equipment upgrade offers. Technically you could generate a work order for a free equipment offer without the customers consent or approval and activate the equipment that way.

If the offer requires an agreement, you just don’t turn in the paperwork.

Not a fan of Solid Signal. They make people think they are some special dealer with Directv, when actually they are a bunch of hacks they don’t even have their own installers.

You should see some of the shoddy and shady work they do around my neck of the woods

Solid signal isn’t authorized any more than I’m authorized to activate equipment.

If it’s an AT&T Account the only way is to generate a work order with an agreement.

Hint hint, many times you can go in the system and the customer qualifies for free equipment upgrade offers. Technically you could generate a work order for a free equipment offer without the customers consent or approval and activate the equipment that way.

If the offer requires an agreement, you just don’t turn in the paperwork.

Not a fan of Solid Signal. They make people think they are some special dealer with Directv, when actually they are a bunch of hacks they don’t even have their own installers.

You should see some of the shoddy and shady work they do around my neck of the woods
I've never had them do any work for me, just send me product, just like you do.
I use them if they have what I need (just like you) because they have the stuff I need and are very quick to get, because they are close (just like you).

Anytime I've needed equipment, they have been very good ... (just like you).

I hear ya. I just find it amusing they call themselves experts and do this type of work.
IMG_3657.JPG

Actually since November 2018.

I have another example where one of their techs tried running 22 receivers off a reverse band LNB.

Their tech who was 2 hours away tried to get me to go to the motel they installed it at and add second dish to split up the SWM so it was less than 13.

Then charged both customers $1000 on an analog upgrade which should have been 100% free to the customer.

Reactions: comp9
From what I’ve been told Solid Signal can not access accounts to activate equipment anymore. And I’ve also heard that AT&T will not activate equipment bought from third parties, including SS. So you’re SOL.

From what I’ve been told Solid Signal can not access accounts to activate equipment anymore. And I’ve also heard that AT&T will not activate equipment bought from third parties, including SS. So you’re SOL.

Nobody could access accounts to activate equipment to begin with. The only way to activate equipment would be to physically call tech support or create an upgrade work order and activate it as leased equipment.

As long as the account is not converted to the AT&T Billing system you can activate 3rd party equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)