How should I hook a dvd recorder to my 625?

RocketFoot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Southwestern PA
I just got a Cyberhome DVR1200 DVD Recorder last night. What is the best way to hook it to my 625? I just want to make back up copies of some stuff I have saved on my hard drive before it ever decides to erase itself!

Right now, I am running video-s cable from the 625 to my tv, so I am figuring on patching the dvr1200 inline between the 625 and tv, but will I have to turn the dvr1200 on evertime I watch tv or will have pass thru capability with the power off?

I also want to run the vhs coax cable into the dvr1200 so I can copy vhs content to dvd. The 1200 has several input options.

Does anyone have a dvr1200? Maybe you can help me before I start tearing apart my whole entertainment center!

You will have to turn the dvd recorder on everytime to watch tv. It will not pass the svideo thru if its powered down. i actually use the composite outputs of tuner 2 on my 522 into my dvd recorder. You will not be able to copy commercial vhs tapes to the dvd recorder because of the macrovision protection.

KAB said:
There are S-video/audio switch boxes out there. I believe Radio Shack has what you would need. However, when recording, I would want to monitor, so going through the DVR makes most sense.
Another HOWEVER, you might want to check this out (don't throw away your receipt).
http://www.nerd-out.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34611&sid=b374bff7a15202f45f3d12b9ad75c024

I saw that same thead! Thanks...I'll give it a try, but this is a trial for me. I really don't need to rip dvd's, so I didn't want to drop a lot of coin. If I find that I get addicted to it, I may go out and buy a nice recorder...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)