How stable are the 510's ?

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I just ordered two 510's which will replace two of my 301's. (own 3) My 301's have been very stable and I have been very satisfied with them. How does the 510 measure up far as reliability? Thanks for any input in this matter. If this is a redundant question I apologize.

501,508 &510 are all basically the same units same software different size hard drives. For DISH Network they are about as reliable as DISH DVRs get.

I have a 510 and its very reliable. They only problem that I have is once in a while, it will lock up and lose picture. I reboot by holding in the power button and its good for a few weeks.

Its been a very good buy. I still have recordings that are approaching a year old now. :D

I got a 510 last Nov to replace my 7200 and I am very happy it. I love the DVR features and could not live without it. I also love the slo-mo feature that can slow the action to play 1/15 sec per frame. Especially love it during football and basketball seasons where I can play replay official and make judgements on calls and plays during the game.

I had some serious issues with the 501's. One time the hard drive failed and twice the tuner failed. When I got my fourth one from Dish Network I sold it to get rid of it. I heard that with the 508's and 510's that the problems were not as bad with those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)