How to Access HDVR1200 Manual

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I have the HDVR1200 Glorystar receiver but it comes with only an installation guide which says, "Download the latest GEOSATpro HDVR1200 Owners Manual at: www.geosatpro.com/manuals". However I can only find links to the MicroHD, two installation guides and two links to GEOSATpro DVR1100c, DSR100c & DSR200c Series Owner's Manual . Am I missing something, has anyone been able to download the manual?

The receiver is a neat little package at 9.6 x 3.6 x 8.4 inches.

Went through the set-up and all went well 'til the restart after that I had signal 80% but nothing in quality. I figured the set-up went OK as I had a channel list. I turned it off/on from front panel, still no quality and TV screen said no signal. I unplugged the transformer and re-powered and all came up well. I knew the signal was OK as I was replacing a DVR1100c (which will probably go on Craig's List later).

Bottom line, I like it and can't imagine why anyone might need a smaller footprint than the HDVR1200. It freed up some space in my entertainment center to add a hdmi switch. I like the fact that it has hdmi as that gets rid of five cables to the TV, but I need the switch as my TV only has two hdmi inputs (both used). I connected a 12" USB extension cable to allow USB access from the front.

I now await the manual situation resolution so I can explore more of the receiver's capabilities as it says on the box 200 satellite capability (I only want to add one additional). I saw something on YouTube so I'll check it out in the interim.

If the DVR1100C is working - let me know what you want for it. I have an American Indian church that needs an upgrade from the Fortec Ultra to one that can auto update!
Sounds like the church needs it more than me. PM me a shipping address (yours or theirs) and I'll send it on its way.

I think those that could officially answer my question are quite busy. I picked this up on the fta receiver support forum;
The Owners manual will be released with the FTA firmware release. We are very close, but finalizing a few items with combined Motor/Switch control and channel editor.

I am still awaiting that GeosatPro 1200dvr instruction manual. It has been a couple of years since the promise of one was made. I really would like a printed manual in hand so that I could study how to do scans and etc. Basically I would like to keep Glorystar set up but add 125W on my second dish and can find no way to do that.

I checked it out and it's the same guide I got with my receiver. It includes a link for a manual download but no manual is there.

Ah, I'd say try the Glorystar forum here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/forums/glorystar-support-forum.141/

but it seems like there's very little activity there lately, if any. You can try sending Satellite Av [Eugene] a PM:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/members/satelliteav.10996/

He's the one that should be able to help you, but whether he will or not is anyone's guess, the company is not anywhere near what it used to be for customer service, unfortunately. :(

I just sent him a PM for you asking if he would help, hopefully he'll respond.

I checked it out and it's the same guide I got with my receiver.
Eddie, would you be able to give us a call? I would be able to troubleshoot the issue. My first recommendation is to go Menu > Settings > Factory Default. That would clear out whatever settings that we don't know may be causing an issue.

We do not have additional expanded manual at this time, but we have written out particular functions in separate instructions available in PDF.

Also you can email me directly eugene@glorystar.tv

Thank you

Eddie, would you be able to give us a call? I would be able to troubleshoot the issue. My first recommendation is to go Menu > Settings > Factory Default. That would clear out whatever settings that we don't know may be causing an issue.

We do not have additional expanded manual at this time, but we have written out particular functions in separate instructions available in PDF.

Also you can email me directly eugene@glorystar.tv

Thank you
I guess I am just old fashioned I like a manual to be included with a purchase and this one disappointed me. I like to sit in my easy chair and read a manual to determine what I might pursue or not.

Eddie, I am not promising manual, I am promising to help you directly. Please list the questions that you would like addressed and I will send you available instructions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)