how to add a new sat location

Status
Please reply by conversation.

babcea

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
N.Florida
I have a vs ultra a 36" dish and an invocom lnb,sg2100 from sadoun,my problem is I connot add a sat location to my list and have the motor move to it,it says it is out of reach,i cant remember the exact wording,I can get good quality on all the sats,from 61.5 to 123 so I know the one I want to add are in range I dont know how to make the motor move to it,anyone ever add sats and have the motor work,I dont even know if it will work,any help would be great.thank you.

If your existing sats are working, I'm guessing that the longitude of your NEW sat has been set up wrong. Possibly it's set at EAST longitude, instead of WEST longitude. That's the kind of error that would give an "out of range" error, since + or - 70 degrees from true south is typical for the USALS function . I don't have an Ultra , so I can't be more specific.
:)

babacea I have tried to do that with my Ultra also, but I am not using a USALS type motor to move my dish, so it hasn't been a problem. To add a sat just go to Menu-Channel Scan, hit OK.
Down-Arrow to highlight the toolbar line, EDIT TP will light up. Then, Arrow-Right to highlight the + sign ADD SAT, hit OK again. That's the beginning of the screen to add sat, it will automatically name it as USERSAT-##. Use right arrow again until you see RENAME lit up.
Then you can name it whatever you want, and put in the DEGREE after the ch name. Hit exit to finish, then ok to save. Go back to the satellite list by hitting SAT on remote and you can set it up with the proper port #, freq etc. Just like on a satellite thats already there in list.

* I tried to add the correct degree numbers to a satellite I had added, I think it was Gal16,
I entered Gal16 99W. and saved it. But when I called that sat up in the list, by hitting the SAT key, it shows as Gal16 99W (360W) so the software is apparently buggy there too. Might not work right at all with a reg usals type motor.

babacea I have tried to do that with my Ultra also, but I am not using a USALS type motor to move my dish, so it hasn't been a problem. To add a sat just go to Menu-Channel Scan, hit OK.
Down-Arrow to highlight the toolbar line, EDIT TP will light up. Then, Arrow-Right to highlight the + sign ADD SAT, hit OK again. That's the beginning of the screen to add sat, it will automatically name it as USERSAT-##. Use right arrow again until you see RENAME lit up.
Then you can name it whatever you want, and put in the DEGREE after the ch name. Hit exit to finish, then ok to save. Go back to the satellite list by hitting SAT on remote and you can set it up with the proper port #, freq etc. Just like on a satellite thats already there in list.

* I tried to add the correct degree numbers to a satellite I had added, I think it was Gal16,
I entered Gal16 99W. and saved it. But when I called that sat up in the list, by hitting the SAT key, it shows as Gal16 99W (360W) so the software is apparently buggy there too. Might not work right at all with a reg usals type motor.
thank you for responnding I done what you said and then in the antenna settings I selected usals and then I was able to change the 360 to 99.w that g16 was the one I was trying to add,it moved there but do I have to add all the tp's or can I just blind scan to get them,I would like to try that sat,this is my first day with the motor,and set up was fairly easy,and on lyngsat the freq. that have feed on them can the fta box get those,because I could not add them.

Yep just blind scan it, set your LO freq (10750 for standard KU lnbf) .
There's some scrambled channels at 12190 Vertical , if you can get those to pop in-you'll
know you're on the right sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)