motor-sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dxuall1

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2007
mission,tx
HI to every one. I installed the motor/dish and found amc 4 101w with no problem when I move the dish east/west I can't find no other satellites what's wrong with my setting? motor is set to latitude 26 and my dish elevation is 29 deg. it doesn't match the dishpointer criteria the only thing that matches is the lnb skew but for each satellite the skew and settings are diferent how can i solve this problems?:confused::confused::confused::confused: what do i need to do now??........help help. thank you

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
the dishpointer info only works with fixed dishes

Is your true south satellite 101? If not, that is why there are issues. you need to line it up with your true south satellite (the satellite the same as your longitude)

dxuall1

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2007
mission,tx
That is the problem i cant find galaxy 16 at 99w. that is my true south how can i find galaxy 16? the set up menu in the receiver ask me for transponders i dont know wat to put there. can u guys help me with this???

qwert1515

SatelliteGuys TheList
Sep 26, 2005
Los Angeles CA
In the Antenna Setup menu (under the 99.0°W Galaxy 16 Ku satellite) press the blue button to add a strong transponder:

Strong Transponders:

99.0°W Galaxy 16 Ku
11760 H 30000
12100 V 30000

dxuall1

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2007
mission,tx
my menu doesn't have any of those transponders above....my coises are

:3744/h/1953,3776/h/3255,3786/h/5000,3790/h/3256,3810/h/3256,3880/h/29687,3928/h/3125,3935/h/3114,3950/h/12296,3825/h/2604

dxuall1

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2007
mission,tx
I dont know the motor green light is on that means is ok it used to move east /west manually now it dosent want to move. in the menu says moving west or east and the dish doesn't move at all dont even make noise. Is there like a master reset for motor and receiver? to start all over again.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
WELL hello, I wonder do you need to reset the motor also? (Hope it is not on the roof lol)
You know about the button to reset the motor, right? I think some of them need a paperclip or something tiny to reach
the reset switch....

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Sounds like your are using DiSEqC 1.2 mode ....... Did you reset the motor while it was in the (0) ZERO position? If not, drive the motor to zero and reset the motor with the manual reset button beside the LED. Also, perform a reset on the receiver as a mistake could have been made in the receiver set-up.

Are you using USALS or DiSEqC 1.2? I would recommend using only USALS. Despite what you are being told here on the forum.... you do not need to aim the system for the TRUE SOUTH satellite. This procedure is a left-over from the days before USALS. Simply input your Longitude and Latitude then save. Activate a satellite and put the positioner setting to USALS. The motor will land in the calculated position then adjust the motor by rotating it on the post. Once your latitude is set on the motor mount, there is no need to adjust any further. Fine tune the elevation settings by slightly adjusting the dish angle.

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
If you need to reset your receiver, save the AMC4 channels first, then restore them after the reset. Like I mentioned, in your previous thread, I would use AMC4 for the alignment rather then your True South satellite. It has strong and easy to find transponders (as you know already).
Bob

dxuall1

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2007
mission,tx
the problem with the motor was that i disabled the limits w./ e. (I was frustrated) how dumb is that....the latitude is been set to 26.0 scince day one. I am using diseqc1.2 with no luck. i already found galaxy 25 97.0w and amc 4 101.0w but only as a fixed dish. with usals for example i enter my long./ lat. activate a sat. (which sat? galaxy 16 99.0w or one of those mentioned before)and save it. after the motor finds the location it should be at cero or what? Iam sorry for asking too many questions. Probably dumb questions for you guys.

qwert1515

SatelliteGuys TheList
Sep 26, 2005
Los Angeles CA
You questions are not a problem, feel free to ask as many questions as you need, to setup you FTA equipment. We are here to be helpful :)

Most likely some one has been through the same problems that you have.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
I would start on a sat that you can receive. Then try going to the next sat east or west of that one. If you get weak signal, or nothing , try pushing down on the bottom of the dish's edge , then pulling up on it slightly to see if the east/west setting may be off. If you find that either way helps, then you should adjust the dish/motor on the pole very slightly. The point is to find out where the dish is losing the arc and correct it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)