How to add transponder to GeosatPro receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
where can i get information to help me put in a new tp on amc21? i want to get pbs from the satellite list here. and i have a problem putting in a vpid of 33 when it wants four digits. glorystar owners manual was not any help there, or i didn't understand the information. 11958 is the tp? h is horizontal... 4444 is ? symbol rate? symbol rate wants 5 digits. but i just found this board tonight and i will try to find a faq file that explains some of these figures to me. btw, 25 years ago i was engineering 4 and 6 gig radio routes in the midwest. times have certainly changed with technology. charlie

where can i get information to help me put in a new tp on amc21? i want to get pbs from the satellite list here. and i have a problem putting in a vpid of 33 when it wants four digits. glorystar owners manual was not any help there, or i didn't understand the information. 11958 is the tp? h is horizontal... 4444 is ? symbol rate? symbol rate wants 5 digits. but i just found this board tonight and i will try to find a faq file that explains some of these figures to me. btw, 25 years ago i was engineering 4 and 6 gig radio routes in the midwest. times have certainly changed with technology. charlie

The following instructions are (1) Manually Adding a Transponder and (2) Manually Adding a PID. These instructions assume that the dish has been already properly aimed at AMC21 KU. If you are on the correct satellite, this transponder and channel should Blind Scan and not require manual entry. If additional digits are required than is provided, insert zeros prior to the provide digits. Example: If Symbol rate provided id 4444, enter 04444.

1. Steps to Manually Add a Transponder:

Menu >>> Channel Search or Motor Setup >>> Press Red Button (TP Edit) >>> Press Green Button (TP Add) >>> Select Satellite (AMC21 KU) >>> Enter Transponder Frequency (11958) >>> Enter Symbol Rate (2528) >>> Enter Polarization (Horizontal) >>> Select Search Option (One TP FTA) >>> Highlight Search >>> Press OK to perform search for unscrambled audio and video channels on the one transponder.

• Steps to Manually Add a PID (channel):

Menu >>> Channel Search or Motor Setup >>> Press Red Button (TP Edit) >>> Press Blue Button (Add PID) >>> Enter 4 digit Service ID (add preceeding zeros if not four digits) >>> Enter 4 digit Video PID >>> Enter 4 digit Audio PID >>> Enter 4 digit PCR (usually the same as the VPID) >>> Select CAS ON or OFF (Scrambling) >>> Highlight PID Add >>> Press OK to add this single channel to your channel list.

Confused !

I have a Glorystar DVR1100c.

What is a 4 digit service ID ?

I know what video, audio, and pcr pids are, but what is a 4 digit service ID ?

For a radio channel, can a video pid be 0000 ?

Can't seem to add a radio channel.

I enter in 8191 for the video pid. It wants to name channel with 819 added in.

I tried using 0 for video pid, but will not take it. I thought that the service id might be part of the channel name but no luck ?

_

Last edited:
I have a Glorystar DVR1100c.

What is a 4 digit service ID ?

I know what video, audio, and pcr pids are, but what is a 4 digit service ID ?

I tried using 0 for video pid, but will not take it. I thought that the service id might be part of the channel name but no luck ?

_

Lassar, please check out this thread. :)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/209955-what-service-id.html

just tried it...wont work

If you put 8191 as video pid and PCR as the audio PID it will log the channel but be on the "TV" side...0000 video pid wont work

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)