How to align for 129 Sat.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ToddG

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
I am in the process of upgrading my 942 to a 622 receiver but am a little worried about trying to get the 129 Sat. I have a superdish now because I receive my locals off of 105 sat but they a mirrored on 129. I would like to make sure it is possible to get the 129 sat before the dish installer gets here. I have a dish 500 already set up but my receiver doesn't have the 129 sat selection in the sat installation screen. How should I go about verifying that the 129 sat will be receivable from my location? My zip is 24590 and any suggesting on the best way to do this will be greatly appreciated. I am willing to have a separate dish for the 129 sat.

Thanks,

Todd

The satellites are located in the sky approximately on a line from the bottom of the dish throught the bottom of the LNB viewed from behind and of course below. Looking at your Dish500, 119 is about where the right lnb is (again looking from behind, so 129 would be about 10 degrees further right and 3-5 degrees lower in the sky.

If there are no trees or obstructions, You could proceed to have a technician do a site survey to verify LOS to 129 with pretty good confidence.

For your zip code 129 is at azimuth (compass heading) 243 degrees and elevation 22 degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts